This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Hanzoku View Post
    Well, you pinpointed why you got bad grades - grades affect your raise. The company does not want to give out raises, so you get bad grades despite being a good, hard worker. If you went the other way and chatted more, you'd have been dinged for not working as hard.
    Yep. You lose either way.
    And these are often the same companies that whine about lack of employee loyalty.

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
      And these are often the same companies that whine about lack of employee loyalty.
      That's *exactly* it. They bitch and moan about how employees are no longer 'loyal,' but will do everything in their power to screw over said employees. Then they turn around and bitch when people leave.

Right now, we're going through something similar where I work. No matter how hard I work, it's never good enough. I'm constantly hearing things from the boss about how I "don't like to be interrupted," and how I "had plenty of time to do an assignment...since the assignment wasn't that 'difficult' or 'lengthy.' Sometimes, he'll throw a "we weren't even that busy" on me as well. Seriously? Are you kidding me?

The reason I like to keep interruptions to a minimum, is so I can get my fucking work done. If I'm constantly being pestered one of two things are going to happen:

1. The work isn't going to be done on time, meaning I'll get bitched at.
      2. The work *will* be done on time, but will contain a crapload of errors...meaning I'll get bitched at.

See a common theme here? It's at the point that no matter what I do, I'm going to get bitched at. My boss is the type that he always finds something to complain about...no matter how trivial it is. All of this crap goes on my year-end evaluation...which he uses to justify not giving bonuses or pay raises, and sometimes uses the info to justify fucking with our benefits.

I remember one time, I spent a good 3 hours (after the office had closed) getting his server up and running again. 3 hours, of my own time...which I wasn't being paid for (another rant in itself) that I somehow got that piece of shit back in service. Even though I had backups, I managed to save a good 10 years of data and reports. Did I get a "thanks for saving my ass" from him? Fuck no. Instead, I got called into his office the next morning...and he screamed at me because "the server shouldn't have failed."

What eventually happens, is that such situations tend to breed a culture of employees only doing the bare minimum possible. If there's no reward for working one's ass off, why should one bother? Sure, it may save a few dollars in the short run, but is jeopardizing a company's health in the long term really worth it?
      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Where I work, no one gets a perfect score on any of the criteria.

I come in every day I'm scheduled, I've been known to come in early and/or stay late, never called out, etc., etc., etc. Still got only a 9 out of 10 on my review for attendance, so I called my boss out on it. He grudgingly gave me an extra half point.

Jerk.
        I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

At my job I recently got my review. My pharmacy boss is just the best and she did it. I got all 'above expectation' marks and one 'proficient' but my over all score was 'proficient'. That's what happens when a manager is instructed not to give marks above a certain level. She did not want to mark a bunch of stuff lower to keep it down because she knows I am conscientious and would ask what I should do to improve. So she fudged it to keep it at the level required and still let me know I do well. Bless her heart.

Comment

Working...
          X