This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sidequests webcomic

This is an AWSOME webcomic. The author's art has progressed from pretty basic and amateurish to downright fun. The writing is just phenomenal. http://www.sidequests.org/ Rather than go into a long explanation, I am going to repost his own FAQ. (A: I lazy B: It's AWSOME!)

Q: What is this comic about?

A: Life.

I know that seems like a big cop out. I could just say that it’s about The Universe and it would have been more specific. At least you could hope for some intelligent Randal (xkcd) Munroe humor, but it’s never going to be as smart as that because I’m not that smart. A lot of people ask if Dweez is me. I can tell you that he’s me in so much as that I’m a fat geek with long hair so I made a fat geek with long hair to talk about the world as I see it.

No one knows what life is all about. There is no meta-plot to life. It’s a series of things you decide to find important and pursue. In that way it’s just a collection of side-quests. Job didn’t work out? Side-quest. Girl left you? Side-quest. Went to college and dropped out? Side-quest. Went to college and got a PhD? Side-quest, albeit with better loot. Trying to be a successful web-comic artist? Sidequests.

To paraphrase Bill Hicks, The world is just a game. And when you choose to play it, you think it’s real because that’s how powerful our minds are. And the game takes us up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills, and it’s very well rendered, and it’s very loud and it’s fun, for a while. Some people have been playing the game for a long time, and they begin to question – is this real? or is this just a game? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us. They say:

“Hey! Don’t worry, don’t be afraid, ever, because, this is just a game.”
    I’m just part of the comic relief.
    You hold power over me and abuse it. I do not like it, and say so. Suddenly I am a problem.. FIND. A. MIRROR!
Working...
X