This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Juror gets jail over Christmas...

...for halting a trial by phoning in sick so he could go and see the musical Chicago.

http://http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2076997/Juror-Matthew-Banks-jailed-Christmas-phoning-sick-halting-trial.html#comments

Selfish little bugger. You can see where he gets it from if you read his mother's comments on what's happened though..."we thought he'd get away with a slap on the wrist."

He held up a TRIAL so he could go and see a musical! I don't know if I'm prejudiced because I'm going into that field but...the ignorance and selfishness annoys me.

Good, jerk deserves it. A statement needed to be made about people who do crap like this. Deal with it.
    "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

There's a thing called responsibility for your actions that he's gonna learn real hard and fast sitting in jail for his stupidity.
      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

wow mom raised him right

i like her "my baby didn't do nuffin" attitude too. like it's ok to blow off responsibility for selfishness

Comment

The little bugger's been released 9 days early...so he served a third of his sentence

What's the point in jailing someone to then go all half-arsed about it?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ing-trial.html

Comment

Should have released him on Dec. 26 to really prove their point.
            "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Would have been funnier if Runaway Jury was playing at this time and he went to see that.

Comment

So the mother ADMITS to telling her son not to go to jury duty and that now he is going to have a hard time getting the job he wants because of his criminal record. Yet, she is blaming the court system for punishing her son.
                So.. no one should be allowed to punish her son except for her? Is that it? Is she having a power struggle with the court?
                I feel sorry for this kid because of who his mom is. Granted at his age, he should have known better, but he should also be able to trust what his mom says and that it will be okay for him to skip jury duty and not mess up the rest of his life.

Comment

Quoth Miss_Stress View Post
                  The little bugger's been released 9 days early...so he served a third of his sentence

What's the point in jailing someone to then go all half-arsed about it?
                  I think the kid got the point. Jail scared him shitless, as well it should.

It's the mother who hasn't gotten the point. You DO NOT lie to the COURT!

Yeah, he's being made an example of. He should be. He did a dumb shit thing instead of doing his civic duty.
                  They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

^^. Yeah the being let out early sucks, but I think the point was made. Some crimes you do get the chance of early parole with good behavior. Though he got exactly what he deserved, I don't think an early parole in this case was a bad thing. Hope that it will teach a lesson to him. As for the mother, protecting your young is a good thing, but there is a time to sit down and keep quiet. This is one of those times.

My mom..if I had done that, would have went to the judge and demanded...that my sentence be lengthened...then she would have visited me, smacked me on the back of the head and let me know that she did not raise me to do things like that.
                    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Working...
                    X