This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things That Make Me Laugh

Alright, so... I'm a pharmacy technician at a retail chain. I've been working on this corporate project thingy where they're rolling out a new filling system. All I've done all day for the last month has been data entry (typing up the information on the prescription).

Every now and again, I'll run into things that just have me giggling like mad for a few minutes.

~~~
    I get a prescription back that requires an edit. The directions need to be changed. Apparently, instead of telling the patient to dissolve the medicine in their mouth, the pharmacist wants me to put "suck slowly."

Now... I see "Returned to Data Entry from Data Verification: Sig text- "suck slowly" instead of "dissolve"." and lose my shit. I have the pharmacist who is actually working in the same space as me looking at me like I'm insane while the other tech comes over to see what's going on and starts giggling as well.
    ~~~

I've also found a doctor with the name Bunny Pounds. Sometimes, I see names and I just have to pause and wonder wtf their parents were thinking. Others I am dead set and convinced that they have to be either made up names or "professional" names because there's no way in hell a parent would name their kid that.

Then again... Apple and Pilot Inspector might have a different opinion.
    I have CDO. It's kinda like OCD, but the letters are where they should be!

After Tuesday, even the calendar goes W T F...

Bunny Pounds???? ....just wow.
    "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Pilot Inspector is bad. I'm all for putting things in everyday language, but "dissolve in mouth" is not too technical, and "suck slowly" is ridiculous.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

What's even worse is that that kids name is actually "Pilot InspeKtor"

Comment

Quoth BeenThereDoneThat View Post
          Bunny Pounds???? ....just wow.
          I'm still crying in violent fits of laughter.
          If anyone breaks the three pint rule, they'll be running all night to the pisser and back.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
            Pilot Inspector is bad. I'm all for putting things in everyday language, but "dissolve in mouth" is not too technical, and "suck slowly" is ridiculous.
            If it's a med that you let melt in your mouth like a lozenge, we actually have to put "dissolve (however many) tablets in the mouth (however many times a day)" as the directions XD
            I have CDO. It's kinda like OCD, but the letters are where they should be!

After Tuesday, even the calendar goes W T F...

Comment

One of my cats took a lot of meds before he finally crossed the Bridge. He had high blood pressure, kidney failure, hyperthyroid and bad hips. I had him put on human meds because they were cheaper but still as effective as what I got from the vet.

I just know that there were a lot of pharmacy folks lauging when they filled out the scripts for Bubba Smith.

Comment

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
                One of my cats took a lot of meds before he finally crossed the Bridge. He had high blood pressure, kidney failure, hyperthyroid and bad hips. I had him put on human meds because they were cheaper but still as effective as what I got from the vet.

I just know that there were a lot of pharmacy folks lauging when they filled out the scripts for Bubba Smith.

Not if they were old enough to remember the pro football player named Bubba Smith I can't remember now who he played for, but I think it was like the Eagles or some other northern team. This had to have been in the late 70's or early 80's I believe.

Bubba was my dad's nickname. When he was born, his sister was too young to say "brother", so she said "bubba" and the name stuck!

Comment

The pharmacy where my cat's thyroid medicine is filled specializes in compounds of things that are not generally available at a regular pharmacy. Her prescriptions are made out to "<cat's name> (CAT) <my last name>" When I call in for a refill I always feel the need to say it's for my cat!
                  "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Advice I once heard for naming a child:

Can you imagine "<child's name>, President of the United States" without laughing?

For names of different ethnicities, I suppose you could replace it with 'President of France' or 'of Lithuania' or 'of Kenya'.
                    Seshat's self-help guide:
                    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Teefies2 View Post
                      Not if they were old enough to remember the pro football player named Bubba Smith

Bubba was my dad's nickname. When he was born, his sister was too young to say "brother", so she said "bubba" and the name stuck!
                      Holy cow! I never thought about that. I thought they just thought I was gansta and were sorry for my poor kid.

Quoth BeenThereDoneThat View Post
                      The pharmacy where my cat's thyroid medicine is filled specializes in compounds of things that are not generally available at a regular pharmacy. Her prescriptions are made out to "<cat's name> (CAT) <my last name>" When I call in for a refill I always feel the need to say it's for my cat!
                      When Bubba first went on high blood pressure meds, I was asked if I had used those meds before, and I said no and the pharmacist came to tell me about them.

I know that cats aren't human, but I still wanted to know about any side effects, so I was taking notes as he was talking. He kept looking at the bottle and dosage, then at me. Finally, he looked at the name and asked if Bubba was my child. I said that Bubba was my cat and he started cracking up laughing, fumbled the bottle, dropped it on the floor and hit his head on the counter as he was picking it up.

When he finally recovered, he told me that he had been trying to find a nice way to tell me to call my doctor because he knew that the dosage wouldn't do anything for a human who weighed under 20 lbs.

I wasn't trying to be evil. I just assumed that because Bubba had other scripts in the system that it was known that Bubba was a cat.

Comment

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
                        Finally, he looked at the name and asked if Bubba was my child. I said that Bubba was my cat and he started cracking up laughing, fumbled the bottle, dropped it on the floor and hit his head on the counter as he was picking it up.
                        Ouch...and yet so funny

Comment

Bah
                          My friend wanted/want to name their kids Gunner Rage and Starly (kinda cute actually) Pain (not what I would have as a middle name for anyone). Well, her bf wanted to name the son Gunner. I'm like . Poor kids of the future....

Comment

Quoth cashierbex View Post
                            Bah
                            My friend wanted/want to name their kids Gunner Rage and Starly (kinda cute actually) Pain (not what I would have as a middle name for anyone). Well, her bf wanted to name the son Gunner. I'm like . Poor kids of the future....
                            Actually, Gunner is a fairly old name, possibly coming from the Norse name, Gunir. Very viking.
                            The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                            "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                            Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

"Doctor Bunny Pounds, calling Doctor Bunny Pounds to Maternity room 3...Stat!"...LOL!!

Comment

Working...
                              X