This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Money Found While Gathering Carts?

I'm not talking about money that someone dropped and was quickly recovered by the same customer, or money in someone's wallet. (Ideally if it was a wallet you would have turned it into customer service)

What's the most amount of money you have found while getting carts? One of my earliest jobs out of high school was as a cart jockey for Price Chopper. I once found five bucks in a puddle.

Well, I never gathered carts, but the most amount of money I found while doing cleaning at an amusement park was $50.
    My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Nice. Was it one fifty dollar bill or was that accumulated total?

Comment

Found a benjamin in the parking lot at Sears - turned it in, waited a couple of weeks... $100!
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Never found anything while gathering carts, but there was this one time while on foot patrol in Iraq that I found a rubber-banded roll of 500,000 dinars. At that point, that was close to $600. Had my team's terp give it to one of the local mosques.

Comment

A couple of hundred, back when I was still a cart-pusher for the Little shop of horrors.

Unfortunately for me, like a fool, I turned it all in.

The most I ever kept for myself was a dollar, and that only because I desperately needed it for bus fare.
            Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
              A couple of hundred, back when I was still a cart-pusher for the Little shop of horrors.

Unfortunately for me, like a fool, I turned it all in.

The most I ever kept for myself was a dollar, and that only because I desperately needed it for bus fare.
              Probably a good move. Keeping the dollar may even have been risky.

I've heard of stores firing employees for keeping money they found lying around in carts or in the store. It's an honesty thing. They figure if you'll pocket some poor schmoe's dropped money, you'll pocket money out of the registers too.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Can't answer your original question (never gathered carts) and actually never found any money at work that I can recall.

But can I go way OT & tell the oddest money I ever found?

Back when Ex & I were very young, and very broke (as in, having the checkbook balance below $1 before every payday broke, or feeling great if we had enough, after searching coat pockets & sofa cushions, to get a slurpee to share the day before paydaykinda broke), we were out one evening doing laundry at the laundromat. I opened one machine to make sure I'd put in enough detergent, and there, floating around being "agitated" in the water, was a $10 bill. No way could we have left $10 in a pocket and not known, we knew every cent we had. No idea where it came from, or how it could have been missed if it was in the empty machine.
                And I will admit, we fished it out, and went next door to the laundromat and had a pizza (poor cashier, LOL) - only time we got to eat out that month, if I recall.

Madness takes it's toll....
                Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Quoth NateTheChops View Post
                  Nice. Was it one fifty dollar bill or was that accumulated total?
                  Accumulated total. Highest bill was a $20. Some of the other guys swore they'd found $100 before.

'Course we weren't supposed to keep any of it but...
                  My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

I've never pushed carts, but at work, I've found a $5 bill three times on the floor in front of my counter.

Comment

I've found 3-twenties over the course of several years of patrolling my mall. I always put it in lost & found, and if it wasn't claimed after a month it was mine! Normally I just find a couple of dimes here and there; they go towards my cup of coffee!
                      "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Not money per say, but once found, in the middle of my apt complex parking lot, a laundry card we use for our laundry rooms, with about $20 on it. No way to tell who it belonged to as they gave it out to every new tenant.

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post
                          But can I go way OT & tell the oddest money I ever found?
                          Yeah, that's fine.

Comment

I found 5000 in hundreds Monday morning. I have a thread in Workplace Chat explaining how. lol
                            Never underestimate the power of human stupidity. ~ Robert Heinlein

Comment

Once I found a diamond tennis bracelet in the parking lot at work. I asked my coworkers if they had lost a bracelet and when they said no, I put a sign in the ladies room that said something like "Found bracelet. Pretty and sparkly. Call with description."

A couple of hours later, I got a frantic call from a lady who was almost in tears. She gave me a loving description that included the quality of gold, the number of diamonds along with their shape and color and told me that her husband had bought it for her as a 20 year anniversary gift. I told her where to find me and returned it to her. She hugged me and thanked me over and over.

I felt good for doing a good deed.

My boss called me stupid because I should have kept it or at least asked for a reward. God, I hated that bitch so much.

Comment

Working...
                              X