Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Survived the morning but a sucktomer almost didn't...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Survived the morning but a sucktomer almost didn't...

So, my first full non-training shift is now a thing of the past - I survived this morning and so did the customers and restaurant.

Although there was one customer who pissed off not only myself but everybody else in the line-up. Why? She was one of *those* customers who can't make up their mind, and got all pissy when we wouldn't do something that a different location - under a different franchisee, no less - let her do only yesterday. There literally wasn't a button for what she was trying to get me to do, and the shift manager finally came over and told the missus that just because another store let her do something it doesn't mean that all of them will let her get away with it.

The missus then refused to move out of the line until somebody magically made it possible for us to do what she wanted. I so badly wanted to tell her to go back to the store that let her essentially screw the system, but as I'm still new I bit my tongue so much I can still feel the indents hours later. I did eventually tell her that she was holding up the line and that she needed to move or I'd just serve people around her while waiting for the manager to call the police. She bitched about it but she did end up moving.

The guy directly behind her snarled at her to stop trying to mess with the new girl - meaning me - and was very pleasant to deal with, even though it took me a few moments to find the right button for his meal.

Overall, it was a good first real shift, despite overflowing a couple pots of coffee and my feet deciding that they hate me. Oh, and a buddy of mine came in, not realizing that this location is where I got hired, and said I looked so much happier than he's seen me in months. Which is a very good sign that I made the right choice to both leave my gas station job and my security site supervisor job

Good to hear that it's going well. Sometimes the removal of pain and stress surprises us into feeling pleasure. Enjoy the rush.

Comment

I'm amazed she didn't stomp her feet and threaten to hold her breath until she got what she wanted.

Kudos to you for finally telling her to either make up her mind or you'd just serve people around her (although IMO the manager should've told her that, right off the bat).
      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

So much entitlement and tantrums. You'd think these silly adults would grow out of it, but they never do!

Comment

Disappointed that you can’t tell us what she wanted. But they are franchises and don’t have to break the rules another one is willing to break.

Comment

Liar

Quoth Shyla View Post
            Disappointed that you can’t tell us what she wanted. But they are franchises and don’t have to break the rules another one is willing to break.

More likely she lied, and it was a totally different franchise.

We have already seen a SC going to McDonald's and demanding a special that is only sold by Burger King - but they will swear on a stack of bibles that they have got that special a McDonald's just last week.

And what is really funny, the special has expired and you can't even get it at Burger King for that matter.

Comment

Working...
            X