This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time's Up!

So we officially have 15 people. (Which I believe is the smallest list since I've been doing this.)

13 are in the US, 1 in the UK, and 1 in Canada.

If you sent a message to sign up and you are not on this list, let me know ASAP.
    1. BookstoreEscapee
    2. Ironclad Alibi
    3. Morgana
    4. EricKei
    5. Android Kaeli
    6. Ghel
    7. Irving Patrick Freleigh
    8. taxguykarl
    9. Kit-Ginevra
    10. Pixelated
    11. DGoddessChardonnay
    12. Dreamstalker
    13. csquared
    14. Sandman
    15. tigger222

You have until next Sunday, 11/17 to opt out. (But that is my dad's 80th birthday, and you don't want to disappoint him like that, do you?)
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post

You have until next Sunday, 17/11 to opt out.
      That's better.You're

*hrmph wot no union jack smilie?*
      The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
        That's better.You're

*hrmph wot no union jack smilie?*

You know, you're already making me cram your mile-long address into a tiny label and now you're gonna be demanding about date formats?

Comment

Next year I'm moving here just for you
          The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

I'll have to split it between two labels.

In all serious, I just copy the previous year's label file, delete anyone who isn't participating, and fill in new people. That's why they are generally neither alphabetical nor in order of sign-up. You'll just stay in the same spot.

Now to decide whether or not I want to fill in the 15 blank spots I'll have this year with other fun stuff...

Comment

15 blank spots-15 participants How about a little cute cartoon of each of us? :P

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                15 blank spots-15 participants How about a little cute cartoon of each of us? :P
                That sounds like a lot of work...

Comment

[SIZE="6"](But that is my dad's 80th birthday, and you don't want to disappoint him like that, do you?)
                  I wouldn't even dream of it. But if you include his address I'll send him a card too. At 80 he deserves it.
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                    I wouldn't even dream of it. But if you include his address I'll send him a card too. At 80 he deserves it.
                    lol...I don't want to give out his address but if you really want to send him a card I'll get it to him.

Comment

lol...I don't want to give out his address but if you really want to send him a card I'll get it to him.
                      Sounds like a plan.
                      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                        One housing development in Pensacola, Florida, has a Durango Drive, Durango Place, Durango Court and Durango Circle (which is a straight road, not a circle).
                        In my hometown there are four Main Streets-East, West, North and South.
                        next Sunday, 11/17 to opt out. (But that is my dad's 80th birthday...
                        What a coincidence, that's my and Mrs. TGK's anniversary.
                        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                          In my hometown there are four Main Streets-East, West, North and South.
                          What a coincidence, that's my and Mrs. TGK's anniversary.

Mine has Main St. and West Main St.

Happy Anniversary!

Comment

Just a few days left if you wanna back out!

(You don't wanna back out, do you?)

Guess I should find some cards, huh..?
                            Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 11-14-2019, 11:57 PM.

Comment

Oh, yeah. I've got to find some cards, too.

I feel like I don't show appreciation often enough, so... thanks for coordinating all this, BSE!
                              "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                              -Mira Furlan

Comment

Quoth Ghel View Post
                                Oh, yeah. I've got to find some cards, too.

I feel like I don't show appreciation often enough, so... thanks for coordinating all this, BSE!
                                I probably have leftovers from last year. Not sure how many. So if you get a sense of déjà vu when you open my card...well, that's just me trying to use up what I have.

Thanks for the "thanks"!

Comment

Working...
                                X