This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April Fools Fun At Work

We got a bit goofy tonight on the PA. Here's a short rundown of the various PA calls:

From my manager, done in a smooth deadpan voice: "Attention please customers, as the time is now <time> this store will be closing in <time> after which point we will release the hounds. If you'd like to make your way to the front of the store where the staff members <fireheart> <firehair> and <firelady> will serve you with a smile on their face. Thank you for shopping at <Store> and we wish you and safe and happy weekend."

I almost pissed myself laughing during that

"Could the master of the hounds please release us from the store?"

"Could the lovebirds please call to the lunchroom?"

So what did everyone do at work for April Fools? (yes as I write this, it's 10:09pm my time)
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Other than calling one of the other offices...and telling the guys to remove the wheels on a certain coworker's chair? Nothing much, really
    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

A couple of simple things, like post it notes under the wireless mice for people who'd appreciate them, and replacing one coworker's desktop background (they foolishly didn't log off the computer last night) with repeatedly copy and pasted icons before moving the real icons around randomly. I'm not entirely mean though, I restore it once they'd tried to click on the fake icons a few times and were on the verge of calling IT.

Comment

Quoth Kal View Post
        A couple of simple things, like post it notes under the wireless mice for people who'd appreciate them,
        That works for any kind of mice, actually. The kind with balls gives the added amusement factor of the pointer bouncing a little as usual if the victim picks up the mouse and shakes it.

Comment

The girls in my department raised my chair and lowered one arm rest. I noticed it right away.

They also put duct tape over the sensor on my mouse, but when I realized it didn't work, the first thing I did was flip it over.

Comment

All we got was cheesecake in the breakroom. I didn't mind at all.
            My only regret is that I don't have a better word for "F@#k You".

Comment

Didn't do anything for work this year. Just tried to convince my parents that I was quitting work and school to become an exotic dancer. It did not work.

In past years, I have sent housekeepers back to rooms to clean up messes that weren't there (though a smart-ass note was often left there), switched the "m" and "n" keys on all the keyboards, and gave my boss a free membership to a new nudist camp.

The best prank I ever pulled was a couple years ago when I got the last four digits of Boss Man's credit card number (he'd submitted a receipt for reimbursement). I used those to make a receipt and "profile packet". He thought he'd been charged $450 to be set up with an 18-year-old blonde bride from Ukraine. He was so convinced he called his credit card company in a panic! I'd put Corporate's number on the receipt, think he'd call it and the jig would be up. What I didn't factor for was that Corporate has a 972 area code, so he saw a "900" number and thought he would be charged again for calling, so he didn't want to call the number! Finally got him to take a good, long look at that number so he could realize it was familiar...all I could hear as I walked out of the office was him screaming "YOU F***ING LITTLE WITCH!!!"
              Last edited by bhskittykatt; 04-03-2011, 05:47 AM.
              Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

I've only had once successful prank pulled on me, and it was imo epic.

BG
                Normally I am a very light sleeper, and it is almost impossible to sneak up on me...however one April Fools I had been up for 3 days straight, and pretty much was dead to the world. World War III could have happened right outside my window and I wouldn't have noticed.

I woke up and it was very dark. Thought it was night time, but it wasn't...my two brothers and my cousin had come in (knowing I had been up 3 days and was unlikely to wake) and covered the windows, etc..then rearranged all the furniture. Even turned the bed I was sleeping on around (I noticed nothing). They had stuffed a cover under the door on the other side, so not even light from that would get through. Needless to say I stumbled around bumping into a few things for awhile before I found the light switch. Which since they had removed the bulb did nothing. Took me a little while longer to find the door.

Sad thing was, it was my prank..I pulled it on my cousin once before. This was revenge.
                Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Last year we found out that our call centre manager was afraid of balloons when several people filled her office with them. I wasn't working that day, but apparently it got a very good reaction out of her, although not what they were hoping for. And those bloody balloons hung around for months!

Comment

Mytical, that was great to read!!!

I wish I could do that to somebody.
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Last year, I was still living with my mother. My mother owns a Macintosh, and I personally despise macs. So naturally, on April Fools I felt the compulsive need to mess with it. Turns out you can invert the colors on a Macintosh with a push of a couple buttons. Feeling slightly guilty as my mother's a graphic artist and needed to work, I left a note right above the keyboard explaining how to fix it.

Well, as I could have expected from my mother, she never bothered to read the note. Instead, she thought she was hacked. After deciding she wasn't hacked, she thought it was my brother and was pretty cross. (My brother? Really? I haven't known him to play a prank in his life.) My brother, just as confused as she, quickly figured out how to fix the problem. She was pretty peeved when I came home.

Some year I'm going to gain access to my brother's computer and switch his mouse settings to be left handed.

Comment

Working...
                      X