X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too Stupid For Words...

http://consumerist.com/2014/09/05/te...edom-from-mom/

An 18-year old is caught counterfeiting money, and blames it on TOO MUCH FREEDOM FROM MOM!!!

The rest of the article is equally unbelievable:

"Letters of support for the teen argued that putting him in jail would only increase the likelihood of his doing more stupid, illegal things in the future.

'All of this shows a sophisticated and criminal mind,” countered the judge. “Some people would call it a master mind.'

And in spite of the judge’s stance that the small-time counterfeit operation 'is the exact kind of crime that demands a jail sentence,' the judge only hit the young man with four years of probation.

However, if the teen gets in trouble, his suspended sentence of 1-3 years behind bars could be enforced.

'If you are not the person the people say in their letters you will be back and you will be smacked,' explained the judge. 'You probably better leave now before I change my mind.'”

I can't believe the judge bought this malarkey, at least a great deal of community service should have been handed down...

I hope this is an anomaly but somehow I doubt it...

All my "I don't even"s....>_<

It was a bored kid, not some criminal genius...
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
      I have one word: "Affluenza"
      "People can be relied upon to assert, with vigor, their god-given right to be stupid." from Seize the Night by Dean Koontz

Comment

This is one kid that will always be watched by the Secret Service. He may have gotten a slap on the wrist, but it will follow him for years. They don't take too kindly to anyone that tries this.

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
          I have a hard time believing it is.
          You're right, eltf, he got off easy.
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
            All my "I don't even"s....>_<

It was a bored kid, not some criminal genius...
            A criminal genius would have found a way to transfer a bunch of moolah and hide it from everybody using a computer and a self-written computer program. Of course that was way back in the early 80's when personal computers were just beginning to take off and before the Internet was opened up to the masses (300 baud modem was rocking back in those days.)

So yeah, a bored kid CAN become a criminal mastermind by accident.
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
            X