X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pumpkin creep

They tried to warn us.
    But it's happening in July.
    OTOH, with Chicago weather this week, I can almost understand the confusion.
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Now I want pumpkin spice coffee!!!!

And pumpkin pie toaster strudel?? YES!!!

But not tea. Last year I tried a pumpkin spice tea and it was just....bleah.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
      Now I want pumpkin spice coffee!!!!

And pumpkin pie toaster strudel?? YES!!!

But not tea. Last year I tried a pumpkin spice tea and it was just....bleah.
      The first year that my work had pumpkin lattes, they underestimated the lure of the pumpkin spice, and we ran out in mid October. We suggested that people get a shot of chai tea syrup instead, as it had the same general spice blend. Worked out pretty well.

In fact, I think I've seen pumpkin chai on a menu somewhere.

Pumpkin tea. It can happen.
      My webcomic is called Sidekick Girl. Val's job is kinda like retail, except instead of corporate's dumb policies, it's the Hero Agency, and the SC's are trying to take over the world.

Comment

The Great Pumpkin loves us!
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I don't see why people think pumpkin is fall/winter only, I make pumpkin pie, custard, savory mashed instead of potato and soup all the time. I am thinking of asking Rob to pick up some of the toaster pastries, those sound yummy.
          EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

NO!!!!!
            More of them!!!!

The irony being that I have a very healthy pumpkin vine in my back yard. That AD is why it's considered fall/winter--when the squash is harvested.
            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?

Comment

Buddy of mine brought me a package of the pumpkin toaster strudels, they're actually pretty good. Loads better than the pumpkin pop tarts, lol.

Comment

An update

Who is John Galt?

Comment

The local "Drunken Donuts" place near me has had a sign up for a couple weeks stating "Pumpkin is back." I assume they mean coffee, but it might be donuts, too. I haven't checked because I'm not done with summer yet, dammit!
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                    Hah, was going to share this. I really wouldn't put something like this past Durex, they've a wonderful sense of humor, look on YouTube for their balloon animals ifn you haven't seen it. Heck, i suspect they're kicking themselves for not thinking of this first.
                    Seph
                    Taur10
                    "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

Quoth patiokitty View Post
                      anything else I can find a decent recipe for
                      This is absolutely fantastic (Coming from a not too keen on pumpkin pie person):

http://www.gourmet.com/recipes/2000s...mpkin-souffles

Comment

Quoth patiokitty View Post
                        And I know that soon enough I'll be baking pumpkin muffins, pies, tarts, and anything else I can find a decent recipe for
                        Here's a page full of recipes you might like. Me, I'll be making those Harry Potter-esque Pumpkin Pasties as soon as the pie pumpkins are on the market.

May I say, autumn is my absolute favorite season. Pleasant weather, beautiful leaves, pumpkins everywhere, Halloween , Thanksgiving and sweet apple cider. Pity the autumn never lasts long enough...
                        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                        My LiveJournal
                        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
                        X