X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice, please?

OK, so.....Obligatory Background:

I do casual photography for hobby's sake, and as of now, I have 3 Prints hanging up in my bedroom, that were shot by myself over time....Sometime soon, I would like to get an HDR shot of mine printed/hung as well, and from looking around online, I see that they CAN be printed. However, I have some concerns:

When I first had the trial version of Photomatix Essentials, aside from the annoying watermark on the final product, the resolution was fine (180 dpi is the minimum for printing anything)....When I unlocked Photomatix, however, the resolution mysteriously dropped to 72 dpi, which got me a bit worried. Exporting the image to TIFF format, THEN converting to JPG solved the issue (least, I think)

Am I still screwed, though?

in all honesty, the dpi doesn't matter too much as long as the program isn't resampling the image

digital cameras shoot at 72dpi (computer screen standard) by default, and the photos don't have a physical dimensions (for example 4x6in) until you tell your program what size to print to, they just have their pixel dimensions.

an image that's, for example, 4000x6000px is still 4000x6000px regardless of the dpi

the only time you'll get into trouble is if you're creating a document/project at set dimensions (i.e. 4x6 in @ 72dpi)

so you may want to look into the preferences/settings of your program (haven't used it before) but some apps allow you to create a default template

sorry if it's sounding like I'm waffling, just spent 11 hours in a camera shop/print lab, but let us know how you go

Comment

Working...
    X