Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When advised to close all her windows, she closed all the windows in her home!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When advised to close all her windows, she closed all the windows in her home!

This is a call I wish I had handled. My co-worker next to me was on a call forever with a young lady who did not get the grasp of how to set up her internet connection. When he told her to start out by closing all of her windows, she got up and went to close the windows in her house!

A little short, but I thought it was worth sharing!

I just felt at least a dozen brain cells commit sideways after reading that OP.
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Oh man!

That's just like the joke where the hunter calls 911 about his hunting companion having a heart attack, the dispatcher asks the hunter to make sure his companion is really dead, then there's two shotgun blasts and the hunter responds, "Okay, what do I do now?"
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
        Oh man!

That's just like the joke where the hunter calls 911 about his hunting companion having a heart attack, the dispatcher asks the hunter to make sure his companion is really dead, then there's two shotgun blasts and the hunter responds, "Okay, what do I do now?"

Too funny. I never would think of the stuff SC's think of.

Comment

That one is as old as the people who call in for a replacement "coffee mug holder -- you know, the one that pops out when you push the button." Unfortunately, it's also as common, and also as true!

I once read of someone who, when asked which version of Windows he had, answered "Anderson Double-Pane!"
          I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

This happened on my first week on the phone.

A girl I was sitting beside, nice girl, not too bright (back in the days when they were hiring anyone who could fog a mirror in a cold room) had this caller with an iMac G3 released in 2001, which comes with a slot loading optical drive. He called in because his credit card was stuck in his machine. When the girl asked why his card was in his machine, he replied that he was trying to purchase something on ebay and "the interac slot ate his credit card!" She asked him to hold for five minutes, and we spent those five minutes howling. When our manager came over to find out what was going on, he too started to laugh uncontrollably. When she finally went back to the customer, she told him that he would need to take the computer in to have the CD drive replaced.

Get this, she was being evaluated on the call (evident because the evaluator was laughing his head off) and she was given an FIY comment because she didn't advise him to contact the credit card company and deactivate it. The way I see it (and I made this known at the time,) if the guy is stupid enough to think that a computer from 2001 comes with a built in ATM, he deserves to get his credit card ripped off.
            At least Adam and Steve don't have to worry about leaving the toilet seat up

Comment

Working...
            X