Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What? But I have you all for dial up, not Internet Explorer!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What? But I have you all for dial up, not Internet Explorer!

I had a call yesterday from a nasty, ugly, rude lady, yelling and screaming because she has not been able to get on the internet since she signed up with us four days ago. Now, this call could have been done in two minutes, but instead it lasted ten or so because of her refusal to listen to instructions and important information. Our job is to troubleshoot by asking things like "What happens when you attempt to sign on?" or "Do you get any messages after signing on?" Some customers, like this lady, get very impatient and upset, and just say things like, "I don't know! Just fix it!" OK, I can "fix" it, but being I cannot see your computer, you still need to tell me what's happening when you sign on to the internet.

This woman told me that every time she signs on, her computer down at the bottom says she is connected, and a number of 24.1 with big K at the end comes up. OK, that would be the indication that you are connected and a speed of 24.1. When I told her this, she exploded in my ear, saying this is what always happens, and nothing pops up after that. I said, "Maam, did you open a browser after you connected?" She responded as if that was a new phrase to her. I then went into an explanation that after you are logged in, you have to click on a browser, and most likely Internet Explorer is her browser. "I have you all as my browser. I'm not paying a bill to Internet Explorer for my service!" On and on she went to where I had to tell her, "Maam, have you even clicked Internet Explorer to see what happens?" Of course she hadn't done that, nor was there a need to because again, she doesn't pay a bill to Internet Explorer, she pays it to us. What a hard head! This is why the call lasted more than it should have, simply because she refused to cooperate and click this browser. It even showed in the notes where other reps told her this, but she refused to acknowledge it. I'm not sure what I did, but I finally convinced her to click Internet Explorer. Lo, and behold, a web page popped up, and she for a moment changed her tune.

The tune change did not last. After she saw the website, she then raised holy hell about how we needed to credit her account for this headache. No way in hell, maam! It showed for four days you called us about this issue, yet you refused to listen to us, and you were going to do things your way. I am not going to provide you a credit for your ignorance, stupidity, and downright refusal to listen to information you should have acknowledged from day one. (Not that I told her all of this, of course. I politely told her we would note this on her bill, but that she will need to call us next month when her bill is printed being we cannot credit something she has not been billed with yet.)

I'm actually grateful for customers like this though. We have many of them out there, and if it wasn't for them, there would be no need for me on the job.
    Last edited by greensinestro; 01-13-2007, 01:27 PM.
Working...
X