This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPad issue - Halp plz?

So, I traded in my old iPad 2 for a iPad air. Nice, light weight and retina display. Very excited about it.

My hubby went to sync the damn thing with my itunes account and iCloud so that I can have my pictures on it and stuff, and it keeps doing this weird thing. He puts in my info and then it says to put in the password to the itunes account. Only issue is its giving me a weird email Ive never seen in my life: scrump2@tampabay.rr.com. We can get no further than this.

This a Bright House email. Theres not even Bright House service in my area, Ive never had a rr account.

Hubby spent 3 hours on the phone with Apple Support who have no idea how to fix it. The apple support guy was able to tell my husband that the weird email is an old, unfinished itunes name but it has nothing to do with my email and it never has.

Hubby works for Geek squad and has tons of computer experience. If he cant fix it, I feel like its impossible.

Im basically just ready to take the iPad back and hope that it's not an error thats associated with my account and is instead localized to the device. I found this though online when I googled the email address on Yahoo! Answers

Help with iTunes !!!!?
    Brianna asked 7 months ago
    I just had had to factory reset my hp laptop due to the fact that I forgot my password. I had to re-install everything including iTunes. The super new version is what downloaded and I'm trying to authorize my iPad to my iTunes to transfer my music and purchases, but it keeps saying my password or username is wrong but it works on my iPad. And then when i try it again this email comes up >scrump2@tampabay.rr.com< THIS IS NOT MY EMAIL. Can someone please help me this is so frustrating.
    Anyone have any ideas ? Im pretty much thinking to just take it back and hope for the best.

by the e-mail addy I suspect that this e-mail addy is in the Tampa Bay area and is a Road Runner account (the rr gives it away)
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

What's a road runner account?
      ......../\
      ....../__\
      ..../\...../\
      ../__\../__\

Comment

Quoth Sarah Valentine View Post
        What's a road runner account?
        Timewarner cable modem account.
        But the paint on me is beginning to dry
        And it's not what I wanted to be
        The weight on me
        Is Hanging on to a weary angel - Sister Hazel

Comment

We ended up switching the ipad today at BestBuy. This one works. It came up with the same email again, but this time we were able to skip it somehow and retrieve my old data from the iCloud....for anyone who's watching.

Comment

Working...
          X