X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tales from the Lounge: "New Year, Old Story" Edition

Drunkus Screamus

A hysterical woman was running around the Lobby and hotel, screaming her head off about something. She actually woke a guest up (he had to come to the Lobby to get a key, because he forgot his in the room when he went out to investigate).

She apparently had a problem with one or both of her male acquaintances (she said at least one was not her friend), and preferred the thought of going to jail over that of remaining in their company. Both of them attempted to calm her down, as well as a few of the other patrons. She finally departed the immediate area (perhaps to her room).

Drunkus Vomitus

An older lady was walking through my Lobby, a few feet in front of her husband. Her husband than said, "Oh, don't vomit here." and I heard that distinct wet splat of liquid splashing on tile. I look, and immediately start dry heaving myself (hey, I can't handle vomit at all . Even the smiley on CS makes me slightly nauseous)

My manager finally took care of it.

I'm still a little queasy.

DiscJockeyus Sucksassus

The DJ is playing The Macarena right now. 'Nuff said.

SC
    Last edited by BroSCFischer; 01-01-2013, 05:52 AM. Reason: 3rd Story
    "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

(hey, I can't handle vomit at all . Even the smiley on CS makes me slightly nauseous)
    It's not just you, that particular smiley was banned off another message board that I know of for exactly that reason. It was setting emetophobes off.

Comment

I'm the same way....so I don't envy you ><

Comment

Funny how vomiting began as a survival mechanism, now it's just disgusting, especially if it happens in a crowded area.

See, in early times, if one member of your group vomited, it might be because they ingested something harmful and the body was trying to purge it. So humans developed an empathetic response where that would trigger everyone else to vomit too, in case the rest had eaten the same thing, thus increasing the groups chance of recovery and survival.

Must have been some interesting times around the fire!
        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Drunkus Screamus
          My neighbor (aka The Blob) has a new name! Thanks!!
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
            My neighbor (aka The Blob) has a new name! Thanks!!
            No Problem.

I just got the old "Warner Bros fake Latin names" idea, and decided to use it.

SC
            "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

Quoth BroSCFischer View Post
              No Problem.

I just got the old "Warner Bros fake Latin names" idea, and decided to use it.

SC
              Heh. I like to play with those as well.

Drunkus Screamus
              I think he would be more aptly described as Inebriatus volumus maximus.

Drunkus Vomitus
              Inebriatus vomitum

DiscJockeyus Sucksassus
              Phonographatorum amusia
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post

See, in early times, if one member of your group vomited, it might be because they ingested something harmful and the body was trying to purge it. So humans developed an empathetic response where that would trigger everyone else to vomit too, in case the rest had eaten the same thing, thus increasing the groups chance of recovery and survival.
                Seriously? I had no idea. How would you even know that lol I have never run across that fact. But it does make sense. But now we can evolutionize that right back out thanks.
                https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

it IS gradually evolving out. After all, not everyone does sympathetic vomiting (I don't) thing is, since neither poses a survival advantage over the other, the removal of the trait will take even longer than usual. ( or, more likely, will never truly be eliminated)

Comment

Quoth sstabeler View Post
                    it IS gradually evolving out. After all, not everyone does sympathetic vomiting (I don't) thing is, since neither poses a survival advantage over the other, the removal of the trait will take even longer than usual. ( or, more likely, will never truly be eliminated)
                    My youngest daughter has that very issue actually. We can never take to a certain restaurant she used to love for that reason.
                    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Working...
                    X