Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can certainly help you with - wait, WHAT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can certainly help you with - wait, WHAT?

I haven’t posted in awhile because of the pandemic, adulting and life just being busy, but I’m still working in phone hell for the red checkmark so let’s just think of this as picking up where I left off…

Even our lawyers think you are crazy.

I’m used to rather outrageous customer demands, as I’m sure are most of us who frequent this forum, but this takes it to a whole other level.

Plenty of customers want us to compensate them for their time, inconvenience, lost business, etc.

This lady wants us to compensate her for the cost of a NEW CAR ($17000). Now I am sure you are wondering: “What on earth do cars have to do with cell phones?”. I was too at first, then I got the rest of the story.

Apparently this lady had a not too pleasant experience with one of our store reps. I don’t know how what exactly happened because all I have is her side of the story, but apparently she was treated so rudely and harassed so much that she decided to buy a new car so the EMPLOYEE THAT BOTHERED HER WOULDN’T RECOGNIZE HER OUT AND ABOUT and expects us to foot the bill.

This demand came by way of the customers lawyer and the email I got from our Legal department said basically: “We know this person is insane and they’re not getting $17000 but we need you to gather some info on this.”

I’d sure love to have been there when this crazy lady got shot down.

Like sand through the hourglass…

It wouldn’t surprise me if this guy was related to the crazy lady from the last story because he wanted somewhere around $10 000 from us. Why? He claims he called us to cancel a line SEVEN YEARS AGO and thought it was taken care of only to recently realize it wasn’t and he’d apparently been paying bills for, you know, SEVEN YEARS, without knowing it.

Dude…are you for real? I just can’t understand people who think they have NO RESPONSIBILITY whatsoever to check their bills and be aware of what they are paying for. It’s totally not Red Checmarks fault that you are apparently blissfully ignorant of everything that’s going on around you.

I offered him the standard reimbursement of three months. He did not like that much.

But I’m a good customer!

Oh yes, I’ve heard this many times before. A good customer, you say? Well, let’s take a look at the scorecard. In the past year, the following has happened on your account:

- No payments made on time
    - SEVEN suspensions for non-payment
    - At least six escalated calls for using belligerent language with our representatives.
    - Over $300 in courtesy credits for this, that and the other because you are constantly calling and trying to get credits out of us.
    - Oh and finally, per notes from one of your most recent calls: A threat to sue us.

Yep, you are totally a great customer and I cannot WAIT to make your day!

I can help you with - wait, WHAT?

This one started simple enough. A wireless coverage complaint. I can do these blindfolded (almost).

But as I read through the complaint it just got more and more bizarre:

- Her husband left her because he thought he was cheating on her (you know, because the coverage was so bad he couldn’t reach her.) and now she’s heading for divorce so she blames Red Checkmark for ruining her marriage.

- She was on a boat in rough waters and her phone ended up at the bottom of the Pacific, but she feels she shouldn’t be responsible for this “Act of God” and wants us to waive all related charges.

- And last but not least, my favorite: She wants $3000 for “suffering and emotional distress”.

As I’m sure you’ve guessed by now, she got none of the crap she was asking for.

Yeah, I’m sure it happened JUST like that!

Lady claims a male sales rep in one of our stores thought she was really sexy and agreed to give her a free phone but, oh darn, he forgot to note the promise in the system and can we please fix this?

Sure! Let’s start by you telling me what this guys name was so I can get a sexual harassment complaint on file and we’ll go from there.

At least the weekend is coming soon.
    Last edited by CrazedClerkthe2nd; 06-18-2021, 04:19 AM.
    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

There is nothing that can help these entitled people.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
      “We know this person is insane and they’re not getting $17000 but we need you to gather some info on this.”

I’d sure love to have been there when this crazy lady got shot down.
      Once...Just once, I'd like to see a legal department reply to a demand like this with a letter simply reading, "No."
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Arkell vs. Pressdram works too.
        "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Good to see you again. Sorry it's because you're dealing with the nutters again.

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
          SEVEN YEARS AGO
          Must be nice to have enough money that you don't notice a cell phone bill's worth of money coming out of your account every month for SEVEN YEARS.

- Her husband left her because he thought he was cheating on her (you know, because the coverage was so bad he couldn’t reach her.)
          I think you got your pronouns swapped around here. But I suspect that there was more going wrong with their relationship if him not being able to reach her was enough for him to accuse her of cheating.
          "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
          -Mira Furlan

Comment

If the lady wants a replacement car, I could've gotten her one.

For a lot LESS than she spent.....

It may only have 3 wheels and half a roof, but still.....
            - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
              Yep. Always loved that one.
              "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

"We'd like to inform you that some asshole is apparently sending us letters with your name on them"
                - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Can I have Red Checkmark pay for a new car for me, too?
                  Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Like sand through the hourglass…

It wouldn’t surprise me if this guy was related to the crazy lady from the last story because he wanted somewhere around $10 000 from us. Why? He claims he called us to cancel a line SEVEN YEARS AGO and thought it was taken care of only to recently realize it wasn’t and he’d apparently been paying bills for, you know, SEVEN YEARS, without knowing it.

That's similar to something I'm dealing with right now. He ported away his services to a new company five years ago, has been paying our bills as well as the new carrier's, and now is demanding credit because we were supposed to have known about this without him calling us.

Comment

Working...
                    X