Introducing myself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introducing myself

Hello, my name is edittide, and I work for an online editing and proofreading company. We have a list of sucky customers, as well as some who are not on the list yet but will be if they keep it up.
    If you build it, they will come and try to get it for free.

to !

Pull up a chair, we're friendly types 'round here ^_^
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

We would love to hear the (anonymized) details of your suckiest of customers! Because pain shared is pain lessened.
      “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
      One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
      The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Hello. Welcome to the forums.
        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

New flesh! Bring the victims into my lair!
          The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
            New flesh! Bring the victims into my leer!
            Fixed that for us.
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Well, it's Monday morning, and all the complainers are rested and ready for a brand-new week of complaining (I also work in the Complaints Department)!

I have a dumb question for all of you: Where can I add a signature in my profile? I went to the user CP and found all sorts of fields to fill out, but I couldn't find one for the signature.

Comment

Quoth edittide View Post
                I have a dumb question for all of you: Where can I add a signature in my profile? I went to the user CP and found all sorts of fields to fill out, but I couldn't find one for the signature.
                That option isn't available to new users right away. Due to spammer problems over the years, we had to restrict certain things from new members. They'll automatically become available as you establish a posting history.
                Sometimes life is altered.
                Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                Uneasy with confrontation.
                Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                  That option isn't available to new users right away. Due to spammer problems over the years, we had to restrict certain things from new members. They'll automatically become available as you establish a posting history.

Thank you! I am very familiar with the problem of spammers, and I can appreciate that.

Comment

You should be able to add a sig now, as well as send private messages.
                    Sometimes life is altered.
                    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                    Uneasy with confrontation.
                    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                      You should be able to add a sig now, as well as send private messages.

Yes, I can! Thank you.

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                        That option isn't available to new users right away.
                        Oh! I thought I had just missed the option to add the sig early on. But the policy makes a ton of sense; we have had similar problems on other boards that I am on.
                        “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                        One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                        The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                          That option isn't available to new users right away. Due to spammer problems over the years, we had to restrict certain things from new members.
                          And restrict other things from certain members even when we've been here a long long time because apparently we can't be trusted to use them properly
                          The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Welcome! We're glad to have you here.

Comment

Hello, I'm glad to join your community.
                              Last edited by JohnGreenCloG; 11-16-2021, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X