Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sightings

Old 08-02-2021, 04:24 PM
Pedestrian of the Apocalypse

It didn't take long for this thread to get up to steam.

There are only four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Old 08-04-2021, 06:43 AM
Tarot-carrying novelist.

A reminder from your local grouch and misfortune-teller; this thread is an absolute train wreck and is headed nowhere. I strongly suggest you switch tracks while you still can.

Old 08-04-2021, 05:51 PM
I need a life

Quote:
Quoth Kristev View Post
A reminder from your local grouch and misfortune-teller; this thread is an absolute train wreck and is headed nowhere. I strongly suggest you switch tracks while you still can.
But we all have a one track mind. Are you trying to derail us? Or just shunt us off to the side?

Old 08-04-2021, 06:01 PM
Hooty Hoo!

Something did just occur to me: This means that a train in the UK was late; that's a very serious offense -- almost as bad as wasting tea. Tell me, how many heads ended up on pikes because of this?

(for those unfamiliar: "I'd like to live just long enough to be there when they cut off your head and stick it on a pike as a warning to the next ten generations that some favors come with too high a price. I would look up at your lifeless eyes and wave like this. [waves as above] . . .Can you and your associates arrange this for me?" - Vir Cotto, Babylon 5)

Oh, sorry, I almost forgot to bring a bad pun along for the ride. Terribly sorry. *ahem*

I'm sure this made some folks blow their stacks.

"I have always thought that when customers tell you 'Im never shopping here again,' they view that as a threat, we hear it as a promise, but it always turns out to be a lie." ~ 'AdoptsDEATHsCats', reddit
Acts of Gord Read it, Learn it, Love it!
"Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Old 08-04-2021, 08:19 PM
Pedestrian of the Apocalypse

Quote:
Quoth EricKei View Post
Something did just occur to me: This means that a train in the UK was late; that's a very serious offense -- almost as bad as wasting tea. Tell me, how many heads ended up on pikes because of this?
Clearly not enough. Because if beheadings were the punishments for late trains, then the Replacement Bus Service would not be a thing.

Quote:
I'm sure this made some folks blow their stacks.
If you didn't, then the reddit thread I linked will certainly engineer some anger for the Brits on the board.

There are only four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Old 08-05-2021, 01:48 AM
Ex-Puncher of Tickets

Point of clarification, as this was my actual job...

Trains can be late quite a bit. However, if you arrive more than half an hour late, your journey may be subject to full or partial refund. (T&Cs apply, etc.) (Yes, just like a pizza, 30 minutes or it's free!)

Rail Replacement Bus Services have nothing to do with trains running late; they're only provided when the trains can't run at all, due to some form of planned outage (works, usually.)