This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Record Store Tough Guy View Post
    (seriously, if it's not like, Snoop Dogg, or Mos Def, or MF Doom, or maybe the Roots, it's CRAP! ^_^)
    No comment.

Quoth Record Store Tough Guy View Post
    They would inevitably be back an hour or so later and sheepishly buy the explicit version.
    Yo, need dat street talk in my phat beats. Keepin' it real!!!!!
    I know nothing and I can prove it!

Comment

Except for groceries, our prices are higher than anyone else including Wal*Mart, Lowes, Menards, etc. I really don't know how the place stays in business but they are doing quite well.

When I worked in the garden center customers would complain about our prices all the time. One day, after hearing my fair share of complaints, a man approached and said, "This rake is half the price at Lowes." My reply, "I'd go to Lowes, then."

I couldn't care less if they go to our competitors. Fewer SCs for me to deal with.

Retail Haiku:
      Depression sets in.
      The hellhole is calling me ~
      I don't want to go.

Comment

Once, some guy checking out in my lane tried to sell me on Wal-Mart. First he started bragging about their lower prices, then he told me that he used to work there and how it was so great.

I told him, honestly, "I could never work for Walmart."

To which he replied, "They pay better over there too!"

I kind of rolled my eyes and forgot about it, but a few minutes later I saw one of my managers walking by, muttering furiously to herself, "They pay the SAME wages we do!"

I'll never know what that was about. Since when do ex-Wal-Mart employees try to recruit at the competition?

Comment

I know that around here, Wal-mart does pay start out higher than our competition- namely Target and Safeway, but I'd never try and recruit. Then again, I'm finding that my Wally world seems to be very different from the rest of them.

Anyway, I know that on most things, we price-match, so when I can I bring that up to customers when they pull the "this is this at here", but mostly I find it annoying because honestly... I don't care. I'm not threatened by the 'competition' any more than they are threatened by us, seriously, I'm a cashier- this isn't a big deal to me. And I agree, if it's so cheap there- go get it there!
          "I just figured you would be terrified, and I would be sarcastic about it."

Comment

Don't I know..
            My store is in a medium sized mall, right at the entry point. We cram a full range of consumer electronics into the one small store, but we don't have the same range, pure size and buying power as the huge electrical/computers store (for those fellow aussies, my story is a very small Tandy, and my competitor behind my store is a Harvey Norman). They don't have many staff with product knowledge and the store is split in two, so there is always line.. but their prices are generally (and I mean generally.. most of the time we beat or match their prices) lower then ours for obvious reasons.

Most of the time, especially with big ticket items (which are important to a store which averages a $3.2k turnover over 6 days) like Navigators, Laptops & TVs they will spend 20mins in our store squeezing as much info and opinions from us, then thank us, and not so subtly walk out towards the other store to wait in line and purchase it generally for under $20 less then us.

If that store wasn't there.. we would probably double or triple our turnover...
            - Boochan

Comment

Working...
            X