This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, I will NOT give you my last name.

So, I was sending some information to a customer the other day.

Me: Last name?
    Her: You do NOT need my last name.
    Me: Fair enough (don't really need it, have to ask for it) Last Initial?
    Her: C
    Me: Ok, so did you want me to fax this or email it?
    Her: Email it. You're going to email it right? I do NOT want this faxed to me. Can you email it? (no, I'm not kidding)
    me: Ok, what's your email?
    Her: firstname.charles@company.com

.... *headdesk*

Wow, what an utter moron. Just when I thought my customers were the worst.
    The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

My favorite:

Me: Can I get your phone number? [I saw it on the caller ID, so it doesn't matter]

SC: I NEVER give out my phone number! What if you sold it to someone! Can I just give you my SSN?
      Your dignity shredded in five minutes or less, or your abuse is free.

Comment

Or like all the hundreds of people who would call up Chesterfield, looking for a particular movie...
        "We don't have that in stock, but my system is showing it as available. You could order one if you like..."
        "Okay, 4453 9876..."
        "You'll have to come in the store to place an order."

And yet, they'd scratch out their credit card info on the register receipts...
        Make up your damn mind, either you willingly hand out your credit card info, or you don't.
        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Me: "Ok, can I have your birthdate?"
          SC: "No! I'm worried about identity theft!"
          Me: "Ok, well, I can't bill your insurance without it, and the cash price is a bazillion dollars."
          SC: "ok, my birthdate is blah."

Seriously people, I'll take good care of your info, I promise.

Comment

This weekend, I had the privilege of encounter someone who will not use the internet at all, yet she was a computer owner.
            Op.125

Comment

Quoth Format C View Post
              This weekend, I had the privilege of encounter someone who will not use the internet at all, yet she was a computer owner.
              What the heck else can you do on a computer?
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                What the heck else can you do on a computer?
                I hear Freecell is very fulfilling. <_<
                Saving the planet and everything on it is certainly a daunting task; but see, push has come to shove...Let's roll.

- Inga Muscio

Comment

Brilliant.

Not on the SC's part, obviously!
                  Teach a SC to fish... and they will whine about you not catching, filleting, frying, and serving it up on a silver platter for them. - EvilEmpryss

Comment

When I worked at a public library, we had to enter the patron's driver's license number into the info screen.

In the great state of Florida, our year of birth shows up in our number - First InitialOfLastNameXXX-XXX-YOB-XXX-0....

People would try to SHOW me their license and cover up their DOB (number 1, as if I care) with their thumb.

Lady, soon as I come to the XX number in your DL, I'm gonna know. Don't worry about it. I won't tell anyone that you definitely dye your hair! Or whatever else they were afraid of ....

Unreal.
                    Teach a SC to fish... and they will whine about you not catching, filleting, frying, and serving it up on a silver platter for them. - EvilEmpryss

Comment

I've had customers do this as well, not realizing that they'll just have to wait while I find their last name under their account number/phone number/any other info they gave me, which will take 5x as long. I cannot open a case without your name, I don't care how many times you tell me you won't give it to me, it won't change the software's mind.
                      "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Don't they realize that if you look up their acct# with a phone#, you'll have their last name anyway? Oh, yeah, they're SCs! I'm sorry I forgot we're not dealing with normal people!
                        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

I wonder if I could ever get away with the last name that's on my hospital birth certificate...
                          Unseen but seeing
                          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                          3rd shift needs love, too
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth OfficeSlug View Post
                            Don't worry about it. I won't tell anyone that you definitely dye your hair! Or whatever else they were afraid of ....
                            I'm must be weird because I care so very little about my age that I actually can't remember how old I am half the time.

I'm serious. I know my birth date and year by heart, but if someone asks me how old I am, I have to mentally do the math to figure it out.

I've been that way for years. I go around with a vague idea about how old I am (over 40, but not 45) and have to think about it if someone asks my age (which is 43).

It's not that I'm a idiot; it's just that my actual exact age is something that hardly occupies my brain enough to lodge itself in there.

And, when it finally does, I have a birthday and have to start over.
                            The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Quoth Dips View Post
                              I'm must be weird because I care so very little about my age that I actually can't remember how old I am half the time.
                              Same here. And you know? Most of the time, I'm actually ranging myself as being older...
                              Of course, when people ask me directly, "How old are you?" I turn to them and say, "Physically, blah, mentally, far too old for you to comprehend."
                              I just enjoy the soul-withering look they get on their faces when I say that.
                              "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Working...
                              X