This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Want to Complain to a Person; Not a Machine

The other day, a customer called wanting to know how long it took to get a phone number (another coworker originally answered the phone). I asked which number he wanted and he said that he wanted a number where he could complain without talking to a machine. I offered to get the manager and the customer wanted someone above the store manager. I ended up getting customers at the register I was using so a 3rd coworker took over the call and ended up telling the customer that he needed to call corporate.
    My Fanfic Page
    My Fiction Page
    My Social Group
    My Pet Social Group
    My You Tube Channel

I was called a 'number', you were called a 'machine.' This kind of attitude makes me so mad. It's like we're not human to them.

Comment

Call 911, I guarantee there's a live person on the other end of that line.
      - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
        Call 911, I guarantee there's a live person on the other end of that line.
        And they'll even send someone personally to your location to assist you.
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Ha, I was TWICE just this week asked, "Is this a real person?" The second time I'd about had it with idiots in general and said, "Ma'am, if I was a robot how could I even answer that question?"

Next time I'm going to say, "No, this is the Ad-Bot 3000, the latest in newspaper mechanization! How may I assist you, human?"
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I got asked the other day if I was a real person. I said, "Last time I checked, sir." He apologized and said he only asked because I sounded like "one of those computer people."
            "Redheads have at least a 95% chance of being gorgeous. They're also concentrated evil." - Irv

"This is all strange, uncharted territory and your hamster only has three legs." - Gravekeeper

Comment

To be fair, I did get an automated dialer/answerer that did a remarkable job for over a minute of convincing me it was a human salesman. It wasn't until I gave it a question off its script that I started getting nonsensical answers, and started suspecting it. The tech is getting better at spoofing human speech.
              The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
              "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post

Next time I'm going to say, "No, this is the Ad-Bot 3000, the latest in newspaper mechanization! How may I assist you, human meat bag?"
                Fixed that for you!

Comment

Quoth KuariKaydrith View Post
                  Fixed that for you!
                  Works for me!!

And GeekKing, now that you mention it, I had one of those calls! I forgot about that. Kinda creepy how real it sounded.
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I never got that, but what I did get was something like, "oh god an Indian!" to which I usually responded with my full southern drawl... or a near-perfect impression of the tech support rep from Foamy. (Much swearing in this)
                    Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Working...
                    X