This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over active bladder and crohn's

Doctor says I have this . I work at a call center , and sometimes can't get off the phone , also it affects my social life and dating life , I like to hike but that gets affected to . How do you guys cope , and balance your life

IBD sucks. On the plus side, the Crohn's is probably irritating your entire abdominal cavity; once you're on treatment for that (and there's a great new med for it), you may wind up with your bladder problem going away.

Comment

Diet and meds to calm down my gut, meds to calm down my bladder, and liners. :P *fistbump of sympathy*

Comment

Don't have Crohnes, but I do have an overactive bladder. The right medication can help, but also avoid or minimise:

- citrus fruits
        - chocolate
        - caffeine
        - blackcurrants and cranberries
        - tomatoes

There may be others, but those are the ones I commonly used, so you might want to Google it.

Also, keep well hydrated. It may sound counter-intuitive, but the higher the percentage of urine to water (the darker your wee is) the more urgent the need is.

Your doctor may prescribe excercises; the big thing to remember is don't hold your breath. Good pads are also important, particularly in the transition period (keeping spare knickers and pads in your bag is good, too, along with sealable plastic bags in case of accidents). I don't know what you have available in your area, but I find Always to be comfortable and effective.

Good luck!
        "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Thanks guys . My follow up with the doctor is soon

Comment

Working...
          X