No announcement yet.

Random SC Thought Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They want a name? Give them a name. Doesn't have to be the correct name, just a reasonable sounding name.

I want your name!
    Joe Bspltbszf.
    How do your spell that?
    Just like it sounds.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

We used to have a company generated ID in Salesforce but it just changed to Firstname Lastname and I just know Sales and Customer Service are going to give my full name to clients. I don't know how to feel about that, being in collections.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
        I do have a couple aliases I can use, but need to make sure the front end will play along
        A while back, I was talking to someone who worked at an inbound call center (music recording sales based in Terre Haute), and everyone there had an official phone alias. The alias had the same initials they did, and of course could be matched to the actual employee when dealing with any comments.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
          We used to have a company generated ID in Salesforce but it just changed to Firstname Lastname and I just know Sales and Customer Service are going to give my full name to clients. I don't know how to feel about that, being in collections.
          Google your Firstname Lastname. You might be surprised how many people have the same name. It makes plausible deniability possible.

A lot of people share my Firstname Lastname. One of whom had a bit of national notoriety a few years back.

At one time there were six of me in the local area.

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post

Google your Firstname Lastname. You might be surprised how many people have the same name.
            I dunno, how many "Dreamstalker Peggly-Weggly" could be out there?

A lot of people share my Firstname Lastname.
            Yeah, I have very common name. In fact, my first name was for a while a generic substitute male first name in many areas, because a lot of people around my age were named that.

Google my name, and hundreds of people show up. One of whom is my uncle, that I'm named after, and a few of whom are me in various roles over the years. But most are total randoms. For instance, there's the musician (or actually a couple of them?), and the soccer coach, and the astronomer, and the race car driver, and ....
            “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
            One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
            The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
              Google my name, and hundreds of people show up. One of whom is my uncle, that I'm named after, and a few of whom are me in various roles over the years. But most are total randoms. For instance, there's the musician (or actually a couple of them?), and the soccer coach, and the astronomer, and the race car driver, and ....
              Exactly my point. Any of them could be them person your nemesis is looking for.

Comment

Considering the person you described, their password is probably "password".

Or maybe "12345".
                and change the combination on my luggage

I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Google your Firstname Lastname. You might be surprised how many people have the same name. It makes plausible deniability possible.

A lot of people share my Firstname Lastname. One of whom had a bit of national notoriety a few years back.

At one time there were six of me in the local area.
                  I have a very unusual last name and yes, I have seen others with my first and last. One showed up on my credit report by mistake. She's a teacher. Y'all, Google Food Lady. My cafe is permanently closed. And apparently I'm in Texas.
                  Last edited by Food Lady; 01-31-2022, 08:02 PM.

Comment

To the 'RapidBasket' shopper that accosted me in the dairy section while I was shopping:

Where did you learn that shoving your dirty, cracked phone in someone's face is an acceptable way to ask for help? Go away. I'm working under a timer here, I'm sure you can understand that.

Lady who witnessed this:

You can GTFO too, and kindly stop harassing/belittling me on this asshole's behalf. I can't help this idjit, I don't work in the department he's asking about. I've never even seen the product he's looking for. YES, everything we have is on the shelf. NO, I don't know when we'll get "more" (of what?) in.
                    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

If your name has a minor spelling difference from a very common name, such as "Benjamen" instead of "Benjamin," wouldn't you be extra careful before signing loan documents that your name was spelled correctly on them? Especially when your handwriting is so awful on the application that the person handling your loan (me) can't tell the spelling of your name! It wasn't caught until a week later. We had to redo all the loan documents and get everyone back in to sign. Ugh.
                      "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                      -Mira Furlan

Comment

You all are hilarious. OK, here's my random thought: Y'all owe us more than $7,000 and you're trying to call the shots? That also goes for the company that owes us $4,000+. That one I just asked in an email to confirm that I should refer her to outside collections since she won't pay. If she doesn't answer in a week, I'm doing it. I get that we may not have terminated her contract in 2020 after she paid us, but I suspect she didn't pay enough and she never followed up. When we didn't send return materials for the equipment or pick it up, it didn't occur to her the contract was still open?

Comment

Crazy Can Lady:

I cannot give you certain bills (at least I think that's what you want) because I do not have large bills at 7 AM. You get what you get. Yelling at me in a language that I don't understand is not going to help. Do not put your hand near the drawer, do NOT grab me. Yes, I yelled at you (again) loud enough to summon the night crew guys from the back. Going "thank you, thank you" (while backing away as they approach) is not the Jedi mind trick you seem to think it is. I am not dealing with you any more.

(yes, she's done this shit a few times. I'm not the only one who's yelled at her; I'm the only one she's tried to grab though...)
                          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Wow! Does management know about Crazy Can Lady? That should've gotten her banned. What did the night crew guys do?
                            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                            My LiveJournal
                            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                              What did the night crew guys do?
                              They stood there. Menacingly.

Which is usually all that's necessary. Not to mention all that's allowed, per corporate liability regs.
                              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

To one of our semi-regular library customers - You are a lovely person, but please stop asking me to help you get back into your Gmail account, when you don't remember your password and your "password recovery" option is still tied to an old phone number. Also, that "one-time passcode" that you had for Gmail only works that one time......I tried to explain that to you several times, but you weren't getting it.

Comment

Working...
                                X