This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A threesome of impatience.

Okie dokie. Another tale of awesome. (tm)

So I'm making keys. Okay. I finish making this guy's keys and send him on his merry way. Lo and behold, there are no fewer than three people standing behind the desk, pushing and shoving each other to get their keys made first, because apparently, all three are in the same urgent rush.

All three claimed that they were first, and then they all fought each others' claims of firstiness, (lol) Then they did what I consider to be a grievous threat:

They made me choose.

So here's who was waiting:
    • A 40'ish year old woman, rather pudgy, with a frown of impatience and near disgust on her face. Appeared to be limping a tad. Had a store handbasket stuffed with goods. Had one hell of a glare. Frown made her look ugly, although if she were smiling, it would have been a sparkling smile. You know the kind.
    • An elderly'ish man in his mid 60s, roughly. Dressed like a Brooklynite, with that flop hat and a fuzzy itchy brown overcoat. Didn't have anything in his hands. Was leaning on the counter a little, looking intently at me with one eyebrow raised, as if to say "Your move, buckeroo."
    • A rather young'ish 28(+?) year old dark-haired woman with a young male child by her side. Couldn't have been older than 5. Her arms were stuffed with goods, and she was shouting at me to hurry up and get her out of the store.

Can anyone guess who I took first? Nobody looked like they were in any mood for waiting while I asked them King Solomon questions, and I don't think I could have had anything to split in thirds and let each person keep a third. Heheh.
    Last edited by MadMike; 12-17-2009, 06:13 AM. Reason: Please review the "Nicknames for children" thread in site announcements.
    SC: "Are you new or something?"
    Me: "Yes. Your planet is very backwards I hope you realize."

I guess the lady with the kid, because you want to get kids out of the store before they get bored and start shrieking.
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

The child wasn't making a peep. He was honestly the most well-behaved child I have ever seen in the store. Comparing the child and the mother holding his hand was like a black and white cookie, or a crow in its nest. The crow is damn loud. The nest just sits there and keeps the crow warm and in charge of something.

Comment

I'd guess you took them in order of least-to-most entitled-acting, which, from your descriptions appears to be:

--elderly dude
        --frumpy frowner
        --shouter

Comment

In an ideal world, yes. I have a distressing mental tendency to take the "frumpy frowner" last, because they're a lost cause. Somehow, everyone fitting her description I was never able to make happy. The old man type and the young woman at least have the capacity for mirth somewhere in them. I'd rather two people leave happy (Happier?) than lose all three because I took the frumpy first, and she'd just leave with a "You should be doing your job better."

Comment

Situations like this is why I keep a die in my pocket. The looks on their faces would have been great.
            The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
            "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
            Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

"I'm thinking of a number between 1 and 100"?
              Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Correct answer:

Sorry, I have to go on my break now.
                Women can do anything men can.
                But we don't because lots of it's disgusting.
                Maxine

Comment

Your title made me think this was something else. I'm very disappointed and demand Dave's cookies as compensation.
                  How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Quoth Sparky View Post
                    Correct answer:

Beat me to it, Sparky.
                    "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

I was totally thinking of King Solomon before you even mentioned him. And since you also make keys, it also made me think "Solomon's Key"
                      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Sparky View Post
                        Correct answer:

Funny you should say that. Last big blue Paragraph.

It does work!

Comment

i think your my favorite key cutter ever. so who'd you help first?
                          If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
                          ^_^

Comment

Working...
                          X