This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wherein I fear for my safety

Last night I got a call from what I can only describe as someone who could not understand me. I kept saying that we were a hotel located at Fake and False streets. He finally asked why I called him. He would not understand that it wasn't me who called him, but could have been one of our guests. He tells me not to call him again. I assure him that I wouldn't.

He calls again not even 5 minutes later.
    SC: I need to be connected to room 304. It's an emergency.
    Me: (checking in-house list. I also note we don't have anyone staying in 304.) We don't have anyone in that room.
    SC: Don't fuck with me. Connect me to the room.
    Me: What's the name of the guest you're looking for?
    SC: Don't make me come over there!

I wasn't sure if it was an empty threat or not. I did tell him exactly where we were located in the first call. Luckily he did not come over.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

O.o Ummmm ok....

Me thinks the caller is drunk/high?

Comment

That would make sense. He sounds drunk to me.
      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

I feel your pain. We get those ALL the time.

At least weekly I utter the phrase "I don't know who called you. I have 60 guest rooms. Any one of them could have called you."
        Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Arrgh. Death to call display!

I get that all the time at my hotel too.

Seriously people, if you get a call from an unfamiliar number, and they don't leave a message or call back, just assume it was a wrong number.

And if you discover you had a missed call from sometime Saturday afternoon, don't call at 3am on Wednesday to find out who dialed your number and why.
          Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
            Me: What's the name of the guest you're looking for?
            SC: Don't make me come over there!
            "I'm afraid we don't have a guest by that name, sir. Unless you can provide a name for one of our guests, I will not be able to transfer you. Good day. *click*"
            "I call murder on that!"

Comment

that is pretty freaky.

Comment

Working...
              X