X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where Customers Phone From

I had a new low today.

Background noise is screaming children, flushing toilet and much splashing.Every so often woman I am speaking to makes a "wheeeeee" noise.

me - "sorry I can't hear you over the screaming"
    customer - "oh I'm calling from the bathroom, I'm washing my children".

So................doesn't logic dictate that you wash your children, then call me when you can concentrate and I can hear you?
    Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

You are giving too much credit to the thinking ability of others. Read a few more threads, that will fix the problem.

Personally, I half expect her to be on her cell phone, and whining at the local shop the next day that it stopped working because she dropped it.
    Something kind of sad about the way that things have come to be.
    Desensitized to everything, what became of subtlety?

Comment

Quoth TelephoneAngel View Post
      customer - "oh I'm calling from the bathroom, I'm washing my children."
      Is it sad that my immediate reaction is: "Well, at least washing the children is better than some other things she could have been doing in the bathroom when she called. Especially considering the "wheeee" sound..."?

Quoth terakhan View Post
      Personally, I half expect her to be on her cell phone, and whining at the local shop the next day that it stopped working because she dropped it.
      I can hear it now...
      Her: But I didn't get it wet! I just dropped it in the bath water.
      CSR: That would count as getting it wet.
      Her: Well, one of the kids knocked it out of my hands! It's not my fault you don't make your phones easier to hold!
      I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
      - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
      - IPF

Comment

Sadly, yes, the sound of splashing and kids screaming probably beats the sounds you hear when the caller is using the bathroom for other purposes.

Well, no, actually I hate the sound of kids screaming when I'm trying to talk to a customer. Also hate when they bellow "SHUT THE HELL UP!" at the kids. Fun times.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
          Well, no, actually I hate the sound of kids screaming when I'm trying to talk to a customer. Also hate when they bellow "SHUT THE HELL UP!" at the kids. Fun times.
          Yep she did that as well.Without taking the phone away from her mouth while she did it thereby deafening me.Several times.

Actually they were making so much noise that my colleague on the next desk heard them WHILE I HAD THE HEADSET ON.
          Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

Comment

Quoth TelephoneAngel View Post
            So................doesn't logic dictate that you wash your children, then call me when you can concentrate and I can hear you?
            SCs do not have logic, at least not real logic. They have SC logic, which means they do not think before actions, ever.
            Labor boards have info on local laws for free
            HR believes the first person in the door
            Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
            Document everything
            CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

I had a woman on the phone whose child was SCREAMING and WAILING. She was like "No, go ahead, I can hear you!" ... Well *I* can't hear YOU. The wailing mysteriously stopped after a minute. I realized later she'd just walked out of the room and left her kid shrieking by herself.

Comment

Quoth terakhan View Post
                You are giving too much credit to the thinking ability of others. Read a few more threads, that will fix the problem.

How about having a customer calling in to troubleshoot because they have issues w/ their computer or modem and they're not even home!
                I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
                  How about having a customer calling in to troubleshoot because they have issues w/ their computer or modem and they're not even home!

I had a woman call our emergency travel line on a saturday to book her stuff for the next 4 weeks, because she was just soooo busy during the week. She couldn't be bothered to call during the day/week.

She's one of our business travelers, so I had to do it.

The kicker was, she was apparently seated next to (or dangerously near) the Frappucino maker at Starbucks throughout the ENTIRE conversation.

And she.didn't.move.

The entire conversation was me asking "Could you repeat that?" and her SHOUTING in response. For 4 seperate weeks of travel. I think I was on the phone with her for an hour.
                  "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

I work in insurance. I've given up counting the number of times I get calls from people while they are driving. Of course, they can't get their ID number out of their wallet. And they don't have the claim paperwork for the claim they're wondering about. They think it might have been sometime in February.....or May......or maybe 2009.
                    That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

Quoth Sonoma View Post
                      I work in insurance. I've given up counting the number of times I get calls from people while they are driving. Of course, they can't get their ID number out of their wallet.
                      Are we talking automobile insurance here? As in, claims for collisions?

Wonder how they got in that collision in the first place...

Comment

Reminds me of the time when I was using a public bathroom and the lady next to me was making Reservations at a restuarant. ICKY.

Wasn't the lady worried she might drop the phone in with her kids in the tub?

Comment

I'm always surprised by the number of cafes I take orders for on the phone and they have their landline phones situated right next to the espresso machine.

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
                          X