X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Supah SC

Okay, well here's the background you need:

We accept food stamps. We also have an ICEE/Slurpee machine. It is not uncommon for someone to grab our biggest fountain cup (which is LARGER than the biggest Slurpee/ICEE cup) and fill it with ICEE. The biggest fountain cup (filled with soda) is cheaper than the largest ICEE cup (filled with ICEE).

Guess what they were trying to doooo? (It never worked.)

On to the story!

Woman comes in and wanders around. I see her pull out the biggest fountain cup and fill it somewhat with soda, and then with cherry ICEE as well. Then she wanders around some more, gets a sandwich, then comes to pay.

I charge her for the largest ICEE cup and then a small fountain beverage because that's what we're supposed to do, not trying to get freebees!

So she pays with EBT then kicks up a fuss about being charged properly for what her drink is, trying to claim that there is only a little bit of ICEE in the huge cup.

Me, thinking: Lady, it's a see-through cup. I can see how much ICEE is in there.

But my boss comes around instead to deal with the entire issue because the EBT had already gone through and been charged.

Not a minute or two later the lady comes back in with a wad of cash and buys cigarettes. Now, people using EBT to buy food then dumping the cash they have into cigarettes and lottery bothers me, it's a minor pet peeve of mine but I don't rant at them or anything. I just give them the tickets/cigarettes and move on.

What really, really annoyed me is that I went over to the machine and microwave (where she heated up her sandwich) and I see cherry ice ALL.OVER.THE.PLACE.

It's.EVERYWHERE.

On the machines. On the counters. On the floor. HELL! The lady managed to get it ON THE WALL and under a sneeze guard that was stationed over ketchup/mayo/other condiments and plastic utensils. How did she manage it? Hell if I know.

Edit: OH! She also complained that we don't sell flowers, because "<Same brand of store in her town> DOES sell flowers."
    Last edited by AmbrosiaWriter; 01-23-2013, 09:16 PM.
    My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
    It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

I wish when someone makes a mess like that you could charge her Three times for the mess you have to deal with.
    You've got a real problem all right, and a banjo is the only answer! - Pinkie Pie

Comment

If she lived in your town, you'd be needing flowers for having to put up with her too.

Comment

What an idiot! One time this lady wanted us to store her ice cream for 10 min then shed be back. Well 10 min was when I was off so I left. Come next day I had to pull everything out of the cold box (she bought other things too) and it was one big ooey, gooey, sloppy, gloppy mess on everything. I had to clean it up, dispose of the ice cream and put all items back on shelf once cleaned. Oh yea. Big fun.
        NEVER underestimate the stupidity of the customer

Comment

How foolish. One should just go to McDonalds where all the drinks are a dollar and the refills are free - if you stay. That's what I used to do, when I had an income.
          Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth AmbrosiaWriter View Post
            She also complained that we don't sell flowers, because "<Same brand of store in her town> DOES sell flowers."
            To borrow a comment I use to deal with tourists complaining about some aspect of Key West not being like wherever they hell they're from....

Lady, look out the window. Does that LOOK like East Fuckyouville? No? You know why? Because it's NOT East Fuckyouville!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
            X