Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My last name is Siegel. People insist on spelling it like the bird, mostly because they think it's funny. Never was.

When my grandmother came to America from Russia, her last name was Beckanvitsky. The clerk on Ellis Island couldn't figure out how to spell it so he changed her name right then and there to Becker.

Can you imagine what would have happened if Albert Einstein had come to America when he was young and ran into that clerk? We'd now be studying Evan's Theory of Relativity.
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

When I was married, my last name was Donegan. DON-uh-gun. I've been called Mrs. Doogan quite a bit, and once Mrs. Dungeon. Heh, I kinda like that though.

When we divorced I went back to my maiden name, which is a fairly well known last name, and people can't get it right either. Of course I've told people "Like Janis. You know, Mercedes Benz?" And I get a blank look.

My first name is Amanda. Not Andrea. Not Anna. Not Amber. My gord, I have been called Amber so many times in my life I might as well just change my name and be done with it.

But then they'd call me Amanda.
      Let it go... Daisy, let it go... Open up your fist
      This fallen world... Doesn't hold your interest...
      Doesn't hold your soul... Daisy, let it go
      -Switchfoot

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
        My last name is Siegel. People insist on spelling it like the bird, mostly because they think it's funny. Never was.
        Like one of the two creators of Superman ? Neat.
        "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Working...
        X