This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth iradney View Post
    A 25 second time limit is a little ridiculous in my opinion, but that's obviously people in corporate who've never actually been on the frontline.
    Oh, dontcha love those? We recently got an email from a manager who was forced to be on the phones for about a week straight when one of the team leads was out. It was basically a 'OMGIDIDNTKNOWWHATYOUALLGOTHROUGH!!!' type of email.

I think all management should have to sit their asses in a chair and put up with the day-to-day horseshit we do, at least once in awhile.
    "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
      Oh, dontcha love those? We recently got an email from a manager who was forced to be on the phones for about a week straight when one of the team leads was out. It was basically a 'OMGIDIDNTKNOWWHATYOUALLGOTHROUGH!!!' type of email.

I think all management should have to sit their asses in a chair and put up with the day-to-day horseshit we do, at least once in awhile.
      I had a district manager get snippy with me because he thought I wasn't doing my job fast or efficiently enough, stating that I should be out on the floor more often rather than unloading product. My manager, bless him, suggested he spend the day in the backroom with me to help me do just that. The guy didn't last an hour. "Oh well, seems you have it well in hand, lots to do, have a nice day."
      "You are the dumbest smart person I have ever met in my life!" Will Smith, 'I, Robot'.

"You LOSE! Good day, sir!" Gene Wilder, 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory'.

Comment

my manager actually does do that... she'll once a month double jack with every agent (granted most weeks it's just listening to recorded calls)... it's actually really effective, you'll take a few calls live, your TM just sits there silently listening, then they remove you from the call rotation give their critique and some suggestions on how you can improve, then they'll take a few calls to demonstrate what it is that they just suggested... the unintended consequence of that is that the managers still have actual on the phone experience.
        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
          she'll once a month double jack with every agent
          That's not against your company's sexual harassment policy?

Comment

Quoth Lachrymose View Post
            Damnit. I just choked on a pita chip.
            "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Damnit. I just choked on a pita chip.
              Gods, and people say my mind is in the gutter
              If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Gods, and people say my mind is in the gutter
                Could have been worse. I could have said I choked on a pita chip while double jacking with my boss.

Comment

she'll once a month double jack with every agent
                  Someone's been in the Soldierboys for too long. Remember, you have to jack out at 10 days or your brain explodes.
                  Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

yes, but you see, you can always work more hours if you need
                    yeah, because my 46 to 72 hours a week is so easy to expand if I need to...
                    Yeaaaaah....riiiiiiiiight. >.>

An e-mail came through recently that all work-studies could work up to 30 hours a week during the summer semester. My boss, S, asked me, in all seriousness, if I was going to add any hours (she knows damn well what my schedule is). Where I work is only open M-F 8am-5/6pm, I'm in class on M, W, F from 9am-2pm and on T & Th I have clinical hours from 1pm-11:30pm. I work M, W, F 2:30pm-6pm and T, Th 8am-noon. I looked at her, blinked a couple of times and said, "S, just when do you propose I add these hours?" (This is why I don't have anything on Sat & Sun....so I can sleep.)

I'll be soooo glad when Aug 10 rolls around.

So, yeah, when the hell do these people think we're going to work more?
                    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                      So, yeah, when the hell do these people think we're going to work more?
                      To earn more money ?

Sorry, I heard this sentence way too many times (though in French : "Travailler plus pour gagner plus") and it's kinda stuck in my head, though I deeply despise it.
                      "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Quoth dougiezerts View Post
                        Do we excuse bad behavior among seniors just because they're. . . seniors?
                        Yesterday, I got an old lady on the phone who said that she got a wrong number from us. It turns out that the number wasn't wrong, she just didn't remember it right! So I personally gave her the number again--and she wrote it down wrong! She kept on mistaking the 9's for 5's!
                        That's not bad behavior - that's just senility setting in. She can't really be blamed for that.
                        GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth dougiezerts View Post
                          I'm sorry, but we don't have the time to be patient with confused people.
                          We must maintain a CST (customer service time) of 25 seconds per call. If I get 1 or 2 confused costumers who don't understand me, or who take a long time to express their thoughts, that messes that up, and I can get in trouble for it. And that puts my job on the line.
                          I have to be abrupt with some customers. Sorry.
                          YOu don't have time to be patient with customers? Thank god I work for a company that puts customer service above call stats! That would never fly at my company. IMO, there's no excuse for offering crappy customer service, especially not call times.
                          GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth Samaliel View Post
                            To earn more money ?
                            But that's not the issue. The issue is time. Of course, they probably are ignoring the fact that I need to eat and sleep, seeing as we're all really robots!
                            It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Our [sarcasm]deeply beloved[/sarcasm] President seems to think along those lines, yes. What ? Leisure ? Sleep ? Food ? Nah, you don't need those. What you need is MOAR MONIES ! (So I can haz a bigger Gross National/Domestic Product)
                              "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
                                YOu don't have time to be patient with customers? Thank god I work for a company that puts customer service above call stats! That would never fly at my company. IMO, there's no excuse for offering crappy customer service, especially not call times.
                                That's why I like my job. My call times and, as a result, calls-per-hour, are totally tanked, but I have 1 error (meaning the order is incorrect for any reason) every few months, get glowing compliments from customers, and (modesty aside) generally otherwise rock some serious socks.

Because they grade on a total score-card rather than any individual metric, I'm still officially ranked in the 'acceptable-to-excellent' range, and I've been told by management to just keep doing what I'm doing.
                                ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                                And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Working...
                                X