This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Samaliel View Post
    Our [sarcasm]deeply beloved[/sarcasm] President seems to think along those lines, yes. What ? Leisure ? Sleep ? Food ? Nah, you don't need those. What you need is MOAR MONIES ! (So I can haz a bigger Gross National/Domestic Product)
    But I thought France was the land of 30 hour work weeks, 2 hour lunches, and 3 weeks of vacation per year? Why would anyone want to mess THAT up?
    "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
    Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

In all actuality, that's more like 35 hour work weeks, but 5 weeks of vacation per year.
      And the 35 hours/week are mostly left up to each individual company to decide whether or not they are willing to enforce it or not. But they can't go over 39 hours a week. And I've never seen any lunch break longer than 1h.

And as for why would anyone mess all those wonderful social benefits, this is a discussion belonging to fratching, but I think I can safely assume that it's mainly because the decision makers aren't wage workers.
      "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Since I work in dowtown Scottsdale, I usually serve people who would be between the ages of 40-80. Some are ok, some can be a little clueless but not bad, a lot of them can be downright snooty and cheap, and others can be total cunts. I swear to God, I've gotten death glares from people just for saying "thank you for coming". And of course, we always get the one rich, uptight SC who deserves a good backhand. For example, last winter one older gentleman asked one of my co-workers when we were going to open. When he was told that it would be another ten minutes his response was, "So we're supposed to just wait out here and freeze?!". This was the same guy who I had seen getting out of a brand new Mercedes-Benz not five minutes a go. If you're that cold, then go wait in your car, asshole.

Comment

Once a few years ago, I went to a diner and the hostess seated me then bussed the both next to me. About 15 minutes later an elderly man came out of the restroom and sat at the booth, noticed his plate was gone and started screaming at the manager.

Now, I can understand being upset at having your table bussed before your done, but he crossed the line. He was cussing out the manager at the top of his lungs and even screamed a racial slur against one waitress. Of course he got his meal for free.

All the while I was thinking "If I, a teenager, tried that - they'd kick me out."
          My Pointless Links collection.

Comment

Working...
          X