This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does everyone hate coins?

First post. I love reading about the stuff you guys go through(it sucks, but makes for a good story!)

I'm a cashier at a retail store. A few weeks ago a rather large guy and his daughter came through my line. I said hello, he seemed friendly enough. Whatever..quick transaction(so I thought). Got some folders, paper, some other stuff(Came to xx.01). He paid in cash. I got his change, close my drawer, and GASP he has the penny for it!(Should've asked if he had one, but I think he might've already said he didn't have any change)

Me:
    AG: Angry guy
    DA: Woman working at the service desk

Me-I try to hand him his receipt and change, he refuses.
    AG: I have the change just open your drawer and give me a dollar
    Me: I'm sorry but I'm not allowed to open my drawer again, you'll have to go to the service desk
    AG: (he starts to raise his voice) Well no one is there right now-
    Me: I know she just ran to put something back, and she'll be back in just a second and will gladly give you your dollar.
    AG: Just open your drawer and give me your change
    Me: I'm sorry but I'm not allowed to
    -By now DA is back and she comes over to see what's going on
    Me: He wants a dollar
    AG: I want to see your manager. This girl won't open her drawer and give me a dollar(he also said something about me 'making a big deal about it,' but i don't remember exactly what he said, which wasn't true at all, I was quite calm)
    DA: Well, she's right she can't open her drawer, just come over to the service desk and I'll give you your dollar
    AG: (Gets his dollar and grumbles out the door)

Dude..it's 99 cents. Big deal. You had to wait less than 2 minutes and whine like a baby, and accuse me of making a big deal about how I can't open my drawer, when I was only calmly telling you so.
    I feel bad for his daughter.
Working...
X