This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I should've cancelled earlier

I was just a couple of days into the billing period for my cable when I terminated service. I was on a contract but have been month-to-month for a couple of years. They won't pro-rate it. I would even pay more than a few days' worth, maybe half the bill, if they'd work with me. I am paying at my new address on top of this account. I didn't transfer because we wanted to sign up while my account was still going; put it in another family member's name. We needed the overlap. Anyway, I'm paying both bills now.

I'm just dismayed that they couldn't write off part of the bill, especially considering that I'm still a customer, just with a different account number. In my line of work I can never adjust a bill if the customer is still in contract term because, well, it's a legally binding contract. But I can do it if they are past end date and quarter-to quarter status, especially if they haven't used the equipment for an extended period or if they have sent it back to us. I am empowered to make that decision and Management will totally back me up and approve what I'm doing. I'm asking the cable company to write off around $40 which is half. I write off thousands of dollar nearly every day. I know it's not the same company but in my opinion with leased equipment, barring legally binding situations, it's better to do a write-off to keep someone's loyalty sometimes. Well, that's my opinion and they don't agree so I'll just pay the whole bill. I will remember this when it comes time to cancel again.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

I suggest instead trying to get a credit added to the new service. Might work.

Comment

Working...
    X