No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, I wondered why YT vids weren't loading...

EDIT: Just tried a video, and it seems to be loading just fine.
    Last edited by Nunavut Pants; 11-12-2020, 01:06 AM.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
    One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
    The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

• I think You Tube was down for about an hour, and came back on about 8:30 EST.
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• Holy cow Husband is watching Picard and everyone is saying 'f**k' and I just looked up in time to see someone graphically pulling a dude's eyeball out of his face and what the hell this isn't Star Trek ��
        https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
          Holy cow Husband is watching Picard and everyone is saying 'f**k' and I just looked up in time to see someone graphically pulling a dude's eyeball out of his face and what the hell this isn't Star Trek ��
          In Kill Bill 2 the Bride (Uma Thurman) snatches out Elle's (Daryl Hannah) eye.

It's a bit gross.

I saw the movie in the theater. In the end credits was an outtake blooper of that scene. I laughed at it, got the evil eye from Mrs. IA, and heard other people laughing at it.
          Last edited by Ironclad Alibi; 11-12-2020, 03:34 AM.
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• I remember that! I expect it from Tarantino. But not Star Trek ☹️

Comment

• Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
              I no longer let mom clean anywhere near my computer...I think she damaged my monitor (and possibly the TV). Just because a cleaner is "multisurface" doesn't mean it's safe for flatscreens/touchscreens.
              You don't want to use glass cleaner on monitor or TV screens.
              This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

• I don't normally do those "first world problems" jokes, but...

People in developing nations: I have to walk two hours to get clean water, I go to the bathroom in a pit, and never know when I will eat a meal next.

People in my country: It's outrageous how big this new gaming console is! I can't believe in this year it can't be made smaller! Whoever is responsible should be fired!!

We get it, the PS5 is big. It's really not that dramatic of an issue.
                Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• When one is homeless, and still when one is ex-homeless, the concept of First World Problems becomes very real.
                  Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

• One thing (of many) that I don't understand about the show "Pawn Stars".

I don't really watch it, but occasionally a clip pops up in YouTube.

Someone will show up with something. Say it's a really old book.

The first thing they ask is "How much do you want for it?"

The person with the item makes the mistake of answering honestly.

Then, the pawn guy calls in some "expert" to give them an assessment and valuation.

Things usually go like this:

Seller: "I have this very rare object!"
                    Pawn Guy: "Cool! How much do you want for it?"
                    Seller: "I want $50,000 for it."
                    Pawn Guy: "That's a lot of money. Let me call a guy who knows about rare objects..."
                    "Appraiser" : "This is neat...it's an authentic rare object! It's worth $50,000."
                    Seller: "Cool!"
                    Pawn Guy: "I'll give you $100 and a can of Spaghetti-O's for it. I'm taking all the risk here!"
                    (usually, though it's between 1/3 and 1/2 of the asking price).

Then a deal is/isn't made.

I've never understood why someone would take a rare object, worth $50,000, take it to a pawn shop, and sell it for a third of their asking price. I also wonder if the "appraisers" give accurate valuations to the objects.
                    Last edited by mjr; 11-18-2020, 08:16 PM.
                    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

• A unit in a small apartment complex in my town had a fire and as a result the power was turned off to the building. Nobody was home. Thieves (or a thief) methodically broke into each apartment and robbed them. I'm not surprised, I'm just disappointed.
                      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• Watching WWE Survivor Series and they're bringing out all these old wrestlers to honor the Undertaker (close together...in the ring...in a pandemic WTF) and they introduce the Godfather.

Me: Where's the Ho Train?

Tween: What's a Ho Train?

Me: I THOUGHT YOU WERE BRUSHING YOUR TEETH

Comment

• When I was a kid, I got into the habit of calling the "fire bars" in Super Mario Bros. "Booty Warmers", for some reason. I don't know why. I guess it's because I didn't really know what they were called.

But now my son will occasionally call them that. And you probably will, too.

Comment

• Damn, I just upgraded my phone's programs but now I think I might need to replace the phone itself. Mine is apparently to old to support the Google Pay app.
                            Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                            ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                              Tween: What's a Ho Train?
                              It's a train that transports gardening tools...

Comment

• Commercial: "I HAVE A CHALLENGE FOR YOU!!!!!!!!"

Me: "I have a challenge for you. I challenge you to shut the up."
                                This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Working...
                                X