Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've come down with something really annoying ... possible fever (can't find my thermometer), no appetite (which means I'm also not taking my metformin), and general crappiness. I think I might be getting over it finally (Day 3); I'm sitting here eating a bowl of cereal so I can take some aspirins and and also the metformin. I'm supposed to go to work tomorrow, but I suspect I'll be calling in early and telling them I'm not coming in. Don't wanna push my luck. The only thing I plan to do is head for the drugstore and buy some orange juice, more aspirins, and a few other OTC meds.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

DH is recovering surprisingly well from his broken leg. In the last couple of days, he's even taken unaided steps and reports little pain from this. He's still got a long way to go, though.
      "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Didn't get a whole lot done today but ... I got the shot!

(Flu vaccine )
        Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post

(Flu vaccine )
          Got my flu shot a few weeks ago. I am peeved that thanks to the chemo trashing my immune system I am 'encouraged' to get all my innoculations all over again [sigh - I actually had all the childhood diseases as a child and then the school system back in the mid 60s wouldn't let any kid go that didn't have their shots, so for several years the first day of school they would line everybody up and give us all shots, and the pink goop on the sugar cube of the polio vaccine. At least we got a sugar cube...]
          EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post

(Flu vaccine )
            I'm quite lucky as my work organises it for all of us every year (unless you're in certain professions or "at risk" you have to buy one at a chemist). Needle-phobic or not, I still get them, even though my at-risk mum and step-dad have passed away. You never know if that person you're standing behind in the shop has a compromised immune system.
            "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

I always get mine. I work in a doctor's office. Between immune compromised patients and the hygiene impaired, I need it
              My son thinks I'm Lucifer Morningstar. I'm not sure he's wrong.

Comment

Here's a funny story that I'm sure y'all will appreciate. This year I added a cardiologist to my collection of 'doctors that I see'. No, there's nothing wrong with my heart, but at 59, and an 'old fat diabetic', it was worth getting checked, just to see.
                For the record, my heart is FINE. No problems.
                BUT.... I live in Maryland. I work in a very large cube farm, and in my new office, my cell phone has little to no signal. The cardiologist's office tried to call me (to let me know that an appointment needed to be rescheduled), and they called my cell phone - and the call never went through.
                So they called MY SISTER - IN OHIO. Because of regulations, they couldn't tell her why, but they said, 'This is your sister's cardiologist. We're trying to reach her.'
                My sister is not easily freaked. She is a former nurse, and knows our family genes well. However, a call like THAT, for her 'old fat diabetic' sister, had her in a panic! Poor girl.
                It was a wild afternoon. I had to call the cardiologist's office, then let my poor shaking sister know what was up.
                Yeah, we're not going to forget this anytime soon.
                My Heart Is FINE. NO problems.

Comment

After all that, how is your sister's heart? Has it stopped pounding yet?
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                    After all that, how is your sister's heart? Has it stopped pounding yet?
                    Yeah, she's calmed down now. We did have a good laugh over it, eventually.

Comment

HIPAA is a blessing and a curse
                      My son thinks I'm Lucifer Morningstar. I'm not sure he's wrong.

Comment

Working...
                      X