X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southern Double Names are Exhausting

This was funny!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGUvJ9m6DIU
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

I don't know if that was truly southern. No one was named Bubba.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Aaaaand you just made me flash on Billy-Bob Space Trucker.

Comment

Don't forget Bubba Bo Bob Brain!
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
          Don't forget Bubba Bo Bob Brain!
          I am a lab mouse, I escaped from my cage.
          Never had a job, never earned minimum wage.
          But you will respect me, Yes!, once my plan is unfurled.
          You'll call me your leader, I'll be king of the world!

Comment

mjr - I can't wait to check out the revival of Animaniacs. They brought back both of their voice actors...and, I presume, some of the lesser ones, too. The previews have impressed me.
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

Comment

I'm half southern so I only have one name.
              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                I'm half southern so I only have one name.
                My first and middle names are what some could argue are shortened versions of longer names, or names that people with the longer names might use.

As an example, people who are named Jonathan going by Jon.

Well, when I was a kid, my mother would add on to both my first and middle names sometimes when I was in trouble.

Comment

I get full-named when my mom is irritated at me to this day. It's the diminutive any other time.
                  "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

You know you're in trouble when your mom yells out something like "You come back here, Pablo Diego José Francisco de Paula Juan Nepomuceno María de los Remedios Cipriano de la Santísima Trinidad Ruiz y Picasso!"

Comment

If you start accelerating at the "Pablo..." you might be out of reach by the end...
                      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                        If you start accelerating at the "Pablo..." you might be out of reach by the end...
                        You might be out of arm's reach, but the chancla will find you.
                        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                          mjr - I can't wait to check out the revival of Animaniacs. They brought back both of their voice actors...and, I presume, some of the lesser ones, too. The previews have impressed me.
                          I didn't even know they were bringing it back. I might have to go out in the garage and try to dig out my Pinky and the Brain figurine that I have...

Quoth EricKei View Post
                          You know you're in trouble when your mom yells out something like "You come back here, Pablo Diego José Francisco de Paula Juan Nepomuceno María de los Remedios Cipriano de la Santísima Trinidad Ruiz y Picasso!"
                          Especially if that's not your name!

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                            I get full-named when my mom is irritated at me to this day. It's the diminutive any other time.
                            When my mother needed to *kill* one of us she'd just call roll... "Dale Martha Lucile Elaine David Richard Steven Ann John!"

Her sanity wasn't helped by the younger varmints assigning themselves functional names... "Somebody, Anybody, Nobody, ..."
                            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                              Her sanity wasn't helped by the younger varmints assigning themselves functional names... "Somebody, Anybody, Nobody, ..."
                              That reminds me of this tale:

This is a story about four people named Everybody, Somebody, Anybody and Nobody. There was an important job to be done and Everybody was sure that Somebody would do it. Anybody could have done it, but Nobody did it. Somebody got angry about that, because it was Everybody’s job. Everybody thought Anybody could do it, but Nobody realized that Everybody wouldn’t do it. It ended up that Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have.
                              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                              X