This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impatience never pays

Not my story but a friend's. She was out and about Saturday, and one stop was a fabric/craft store where she bought some fabric. So she had one item. She's in line to pay, and the store is crowded, every register open, and lines. Not sure if the setup is like some stores where you line up at a specific register, or one line that feeds into a bank of registers, and you're called over as a cashier becomes available. Anyway, my friend is in line, patiently waiting with her one item, and there's a woman in front of her, with a cart.

Who sees a cashier all the way down at the other end, and assumes she's free. Cashier did not say "next customer" or anything like that, but this woman, according to my friend, bolted down there so she could get checked out faster. It's now my friend's turn, and the cashier rings her up, and my friend is just about to hand over her coupon, when she hears this screeching "she wasn't done yet! she wasn't done yet!"

My friend isn't paying attention or turning around as she has no clue who is yelling that or why. Then she hears it close up, and turns around. It was the woman in front of her who bolted to what she thought was an open register, but i guess the customer there hadn't finished, so she came back, yelling "she wasn't done yet" meaning the cashier.

then says to my friend 'well i was in front of you, so I should go first" My friend just looked at her and politely told her you left to go there, and I only have one item, and she' already rung me up. Woman repeats "i was there first so I should go ahead of you!" My friend just looked at her and continued on.

Then the cashier she had bolted too was free, so she ran back down there again! All my friend could do was shake her head. Because had she not been so impatient, she would have been checked out and done!

A register race with only one racer and she still doesn't win.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Kristev, you put that absolutely perfectly.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

"I want patience and I want it RIGHT NOW!"
        This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Had my own sighting on Friday. Waiting in line to pay, at the discount outlet of a major upscale dept. store. Where cs is amazing, even in the outlet. I get in line, and there are two out of four cashiers, both helping customers. And maybe 10 people in line. Ok, i get it frustrating, but having worked in retail, I KNOW there are reasons why sometimes not every register is open.

Some loudmouth further back was heckling the cashiers, demanding they call for someone else to come help. As in many stores, the cashiers have some kind of communication sustem, earbud, etc. not quite sure what but they do. So i see the one cashier (who I'm friendly with as I shop there a lot) quietly calling for assistance, while ringing up her customer.

I guess that wasn't good enough for mr. loudmoth as he again started being obnoxious, demanding to know if they were going to call someone! My guess is , as he was older, he thought thye'd pick up the phone and page!

Cashier, without losing a beat, said "yes sir, that's what I'm doing right now" And sure enough, someone else was there in seconds.

But really a**hole? STFU and wait your turn. They're doing the best they can, they are NOT standing around chatting.

Comment

One night there was an accident on the major highway out of town. Most of the motorists crept politely down the appropriate lanes, but there were some who steered around us to be first in line on the on-ramp. I don't know why, since that traffic wasn't moving quickly.

It got worse. Eventually, the on-ramp and highway traffic stopped entirely. Cars that had made it to the on-ramp were now stuck in a single lane bordered on both sides by guardrails. Drivers that hadn't tried to push ahead were turning their cars around, carefully easing their cars over the raised median, and choosing an alternative route home.

Comment

Quoth catcul View Post
              "I want patience and I want it RIGHT NOW!"
              I am reminded of this cartoon:

"I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
              X