Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I read the thread title, I thought that we were talking about people walking into part-glass doors the same way that birds fly into windows.

I almost did, or maybe I did, walk into the door to the office lunchroom. I think that I suggested that we put a picture of a bird on the top glass panel, or at least somewhere on the door at eye level, just as some people do it on windows to prevent birds from hitting their heads.
    cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Sometimes arrows work...

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
      Ah, yes I think I've seen that... Hundreds of times? More? Yet these people have "never" come across it before in their entire life, and obviously can't figure out what an arrow means. Maybe they think you're going to shoot them with an arrow?
      Oddly enough, I've had an arrow work. My bookstore has a storeroom, the door is next to (at 90 degrees) the door they are supposed to go through. When I got there, it had signs saying "storage", "no customers", etc., but people kept walking in. I put up a sign saying "More Books <-----", with the arrow pointing to the right door, and that mostly works. On the other hand, we seem to get a better class of customer than most of you folks. (Aside from the folks who pick up books and leave them elsewhere, often on the wrong floor.)

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
        Ah, yes I think I've seen that... Hundreds of times? More? Yet these people have "never" come across it before in their entire life, and obviously can't figure out what an arrow means. Maybe they think you're going to shoot them with an arrow?
        And maybe they were also fans of Mitch Hedberg and knew that if they were shot with an arrow the police would never solve the crime. "Look at that dead guy, let's go that way"

Comment

Working...
        X