Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your stating that you are missing an item that you paid for on your order does not negate the fact that said item is not--and was never--on your order because we do not carry that particular item in the color are claiming that you ordered.

Comment

• Quoth Deevil View Post
      Your stating that you are missing an item that you paid for on your order does not negate the fact that said item is not--and was never--on your order because we do not carry that particular item in the color are claiming that you ordered.
      That is part of my world in the pizza biz.

Customer tries to order some product that OTHER pizza chains offer (not us). said customer does NOT believe when told NOPE we do not carry that product

Customer tries to order some OLD or special one-month special pizza or try and get some special deal that we have NOT CARRIED in 6 or 7 years but still insists that they "Just ordered it last week"

Customer places order and verifies the address. Driver gets to said address to find no one there ordered. Driver calls said customer and either A) the phone number is out of order/disconnected/whatever the fuck or B) the customer has moved way far away from original address and "forgot" to tell us after ben asked to VERIFY the first address..
      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

• How to tell if someone is looking for free stuff: they use the phrase, "I've never had this problem in the past, or it was never this way before..." Of course not, you've never bought this before.

A variation on this from customers that want special consideration, "I shop here all the time." Really? I've worked here almost two years and I've never seen you before.

Comment

• Do not yell at me about how much in food stamps you are getting. I don't calculate it, I plug the numbers into a computer and it tells me how much you will get. Don't demand that I tell you how you are going to feed your family on what you get from us. You are not expected to, SNAP means Supplemental Nutrition Assistance. Tick me off too much and I will tell you what is going on in a bored voice and a rather snarky manner.

"As you already know, food stamps are income based. What you might not know because you didn't read your letters all the way through is that this is based on Federal Minimum Wage. Yes, you are working a minimum wage job, but you are working in Arizona. The voter's gave you a big raise in January. You are making 10 an hour and being judged against someone who is making 7.25 per hour. I cannot change this. You, however, can write your Congressman and your local state representatives."

I'm going to take up chewing gum just so I can pop it at the end of my speech.

Also, if your food stamps are cut off because you didn't bother to comply with Employment and Training or find a part time job, do NOT lie to me and say that nobody told you about it. I can see by the notes that it was addressed, I can see that your original interviewer had you sign a form that said you understood what you needed to do and I can see that she sent you a letter telling you what you needed to do. Bonus points if I was the initial interviewer because I know that I also walked out to the lobby and showed you where to go to sign up for E&T.
          Last edited by MadMike; 06-04-2017, 09:40 PM. Reason: Merge consecutive posts

Comment

• Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
            I'm going to take up chewing gum just so I can pop it at the end of my speech.
            If you're going to do that, I've got some advice for you - chew bubble gum. Other kinds of gum don't pop worth a damn.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

• I think you just explained why so many of my coworkers chew bubble gun!

Seriously, if someone is engaged and willing to have a discussion during their interview, I will do whatever it takes to get their case completed right away.

Play with your phone during the interview, and I go into bored robot mode.

Another one, if your kids are all sick and can't go to school, please leave them at home when you come for an interview. Don't ask to come back to my cube because its so hard to take care of them by yourself. I am not going to touch your children and I don't want 4 snotty nosed, crying kids tearing things up back here.

When I asked why your unemployed husband couldn't take care of them you said it was because he didn't want to get sick, so you chose to bring them into a lobby with at least 50 people around and then had the nerve to ask to come to the back so your sick kids could give everyone else in my side of the building whatever they have.

So not happening. If you don't have the income information with you, I will make one call and then pend your case just to get you out of the building.

Comment

I think you just explained why so many of my coworkers chew bubble gum!

"I am here to chew bubble gum and revoke food stamp privileges, and I am fresh out of bubble gum."

Comment

SNAP means Supplemental Nutrition Assistance.
                  and the P is Programme I assume?
                  Ah cool,at least now I know.I had been wondering....
                  The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• This happened a few days ago and even though it isn't a big deal at all it has really been bothering me.

The other day I was walking through the park to my next area. I wasn't in a bad mood and I wasn't thinking about anything in particular. I was just walking. (If I was thinking about anything it was probably trying to find an opening in the crowd since I was approaching an area prone to heavy foot traffic)

I took notice to a group of bro-types that I was about to pass but didn't really think anything of them. Again, I was just walking and trying to get to where I needed to be. My mind was pretty blank.

As I started to pass the bros one of them looked right at me and commented very loudly to the others about how stern I looked. They all chirped up in agreement, about how I looked "stern as hell", about how this is an amusement park and I needed to look happier, things of that nature. I just ignored them and continued walking but from the corner of my eye I could see one of them imitating my walk with an exaggerated sulky expression. Even after I passed them they continued to make fun of me with snarky remarks. They weren't addressing me personally but it was clear that I was intended to hear all of their snide little comments. It felt like schoolyard bullying. One would say something about me and the rest of the pack would all start laughing like idiots.

I just tried to brush it off and continue on with my day but the more I tried to ignore it the more it bothered me. Again, before that I wasn't mad, I wasn't sad, I was having a pretty decent day actually. Maybe I just have a case of the male equivalent of rbf in my neutral expression. But the more I thought about it the more I thought what if something WAS wrong? What if someone had just died and I was trying to hold it together? What if I was about to throw up and was trying to make it to a bathroom in time? When I see people who look cranky or serious I might make a mental note of it but I don't judge them for it. I'd NEVER think to mock them for it because you never know what is going on in someone's life. I just assume something is going on with them and leave it at that.

Also, the "this is an amusement park" bit. So working somewhere intended for fun means it is always stress-free and a total blast? Not quite. We're constantly losing employees because the stress just isn't worth the pay, and morons like those guys don't make it any easier.

Okay rant over. Just needed to get that off my chest.

Comment

• Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
                      "I am here to chew bubble gum and revoke food stamp privileges, and I am fresh out of bubble gum."
                      Just another reason I love you

Kit, you are so close! Its Program cause I is 'merican. But seriously, food stamps aren't intended to be someone's only source of food. They are intended to help low-income people buy more food than their budget allows.

I'm so sorry that happened to you and that you are dwelling on it, Totiono. There have always been packs of jerks and there always will be packs of jerks. It doesn't matter where you are, 1 jerk attracts other jerks and then they feed off each other.

Let it go. If your boss and coworkers like you and most of your customers like you...you are doing great.

Where I work, we get monthly evals where our metrics are discussed. I get judged by my times, by my completion rates and my "quality" of work. Once I challenged my Sup "are you sure my work is that good? because I've been blowing my times and completes out of the water." He said that it was because I only remember the 1 case that was such a mess and forgot about the other 8 that I had completed early each day.

He is right and I suggest that you focus more on how well you are doing and try to ignore the few bad minutes during the day unless it becomes an issue.

Comment

But seriously, food stamps aren't intended to be someone's only source of food. They are intended to help low-income people buy more food than their budget allows.
                        Sadly, too many people use them as an excuse to use the money they would normally use on food and put it into cigarettes, booze and drugs. Hey, don't come crying to your food stamps provider when you've literally blown your last dollar on a pack of Camels, and the stamps won't give you enough food to last to the end of the month.

Comment

• Welp. Got called a bitch by a summer intern for asking to see her ID before giving her access to sensitive personal account information.

Called her handler, she's not an intern any more. Boom.

Comment

Kit, you are so close! Its Program cause I is 'merican.
                            You have my sympathy-we all have our own cross to bear in this life....
                            The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• Stop putting things on the till and then picking them up to move them further back when the belt moves. There's a sensor, it stops shit when something hits it. your food is not gonna dogpile on the till.

Also, stop flashing the back of your card to me and expecting me to know what you're paying with. 'Credit' is not useful. I need to know what card specifically it is otherwise I wouldn't damn well ask.
                              Don’t worry about what I’m up to. Worry about why you are worried about what I’m up to.

Comment

• Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
                                Sadly, too many people use them as an excuse to use the money they would normally use on food and put it into cigarettes, booze and drugs. Hey, don't come crying to your food stamps provider when you've literally blown your last dollar on a pack of Camels, and the stamps won't give you enough food to last to the end of the month.
                                I'm a smoker. I am very aware of how much money a pack of cigs costs out here. I once went to the lobby go get my customer who had been waiting almost 2 hours and was told by other customers that she had gone outside to smoke. I can certainly understand that, so went outside to get her.

She was an easy renewal because nothing had changed in her life, so she ended up getting the same amount of food stamps she had been receiving. When I finished and told her that her benefits had changed, she begged me to give her just 10 more a month because it was so hard to make it on her income.

There is a bitch inside of my nice, sympathetic acting person, so I told her that as a fellow smoker I knew that not only was smoking harmful to our health, it was expensive and that if she gave up a pack a week, not only would she have over twice the 10 bucks she was asking for, she would be healthier as well.

She was not happy.

Today, I had someone come in for a renewal and he was complaining and demanding from the start, plus his story kept changing.

His hours got cut after min wage went up (actually, I could see that his hours had increased from 10-15 to 25-30).

He was having to stay in a motel because his mother wouldn't let him stay with her anymore, but he did get his mail at her house. He didn't have a car, but he was able to check his mail every day despite it being a over 70 mile round trip and he had to walk everywhere.

When I asked for motel receipts or a way to verify this because I could use it as an expense to raise his food stamps, he said that he hadn't stayed in a motel in the last 30 days because it was warm enough to camp.

I knew that he was going to start yelling at the determination, asked him to hold for a minute so I could finish the computer stuff. Then I im'd the current Mistress of the Kiosks to warn her and took his case to today's sup and asked her to give it a quick look over because my customer was going to want a supervisor when I told him the results. She didn't find any errors, but she was warned and kinda ready for what happened next.

I got back on the phone with him and told him my determination. The following was done in a slightly bored, but very calm tone of voice.
                                SC: ARE YOU F***ING KIDDING ME!!!
                                Me: Sadly, sir, I am not. As you know, this is an income *cut off*
                                SC: I AM FINISHED WITH YOU, YOU F***ING WHORE!
                                Me: We are indeed finished, but that insult was very redundant and actually demonstrated a lack of education and imagination.
                                SC: Wha?
                                Me: Women are considered to be whores because they do a lot of f***ing, so choosing those words as an insult is redundant.
                                SC: YOU FUCKING C**T!!! and slammed the phone down so hard he broke it before I was able to calmly tell him that his insult was marginally better because while c**ts were indeed used for f**king, they also had many other uses.

Banned from the building. It would probably be more convenient for him to go to the office in the same town that he visits every day to get his mail.

My cube farm neighbor heard the last part of my conversation and almost died laughing. I'm sure that the good sort of gossip will happen and I will be legendary. If management hears about it, my CFN would deny ever hearing anything like that coming from me.
                                Last edited by Slave to the Phone; 06-08-2017, 02:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X