This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This would be an oops

except for the fact that she refused to forgive me and made a bigger deal out of it than called for.

When I greeted her I don't remember if she responded but she gave me the weirdest look, like she recognized me and didn't like me or we had an issue. She looked vaguely familiar, but honestly I deal with so many people that there's no way I can remember. I didn't really make chitchat because it was uncomfortable and a small purchase. When I told her the total she looked at me weird again, as if the price was wrong. But she didn't say a single word and payed. As she walked away she was looking at the receipt and I got another customer. That didn't bother me; sometimes things are wrong and people go to the service desk and it's all good.

The next customer heard the sucky one suddenly complaining loudly to whomever was with her that "She didn't charge for the second one." Oh, I realized that there were two packs of onesies (the kind that come on hangers all tagged together). It had felt like one big one and I'm so sleep-deprived that I just thought it must be a good sale price. Anyway the woman in front of me kept looking up from the card reader expectantly, as if she were looking for a reaction on my face, which I refused to give her. I wasn't going to involve her in this, too. At least at the end she looked like she was about to say something to the sucktomer, who had by now gotten back in my line.

I got to the first customer who didn't really have to wait at all and she was so annoyed. I apologized immediately and cheerfully told her I could fix it right away. (Kill 'em with kindness, I say.) I was hoping my apology and willingness to take care of it myself would make her feel better, but no. When I asked if she needed gift receipts--which occurred to me now, though it hadn't because I'm tired--she at least answered me. But when I wished her a good night she begrudgingly said thanks.

It reminds me of the time I accidentally shined the laser of the hand scanner on a guy's face and he kept lecturing me even though I sincerely apologized twice. It was a simple accident, as I was trying to get the cord unstuck or something like that. I don't remember why it happened, just his jerky, unforgiving reaction.

I'm so glad I'm only there weekends.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Some people only live to complain.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
      Some people only live to complain.
      This ^^

And it happens on the phone, too.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
      X