Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I hope this is not your typical level of smarts....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope this is not your typical level of smarts....

Me and K running the booth at the State Fair. We work for the television industry.We are giving out swag with our logo on it, all of which is stacked on the table in front of us. In plain view. I won't say what it is exactly as I dont' want to make it so obvious to any lurkers here that they can identify my company if they were there.

The way our booth is set up, there's no way in hell you could possibly not know who we are and what we are promoting.

Woman rushes up to our table, leans over the pile of swag, and says "Hi, do you have any of those (widgets) you were giving out earlier?"

K: Um...yes ma'am.
    Woman: Can I have one?
    K: Of course, help yourself.
    Woman: Where are they?

K: :
    Me:
    K: gesturing to pile of large, brightly colored widgets. "Right there, ma'am."
    Woman: Oh, thank you!
    K: No problem.

We were both like "what the heck just happened?"

2. Blonde chickie bounces over to table. "So, do I get a discount on (random service)?"
    K: (K has this look that I can recognize. The look means, "You're an idiot and I'm giving up on you." She got that look on her face. After a beat, she just says "No."

Blonde Chickie: "So, what is this booth for? What are you selling?"

Like I said, if there was a way to make it more obvious what company we were with or what our business was about, I dont' know what that way would be. We just told her what we were about and that seemed to satisfy her and she flounced happily off.

She was cute. Which, all things considered, I guess is a good thing, at least she's got that going for her.

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
    She was cute. Which, all things considered, I guess is a good thing, at least she's got that going for her.
    However once those looks fade (and they probably will) then she's screwed (and not in the way she's used to).

Blimey, how many bracketed sections can I fit into an eight word sentence?
    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Working...
    X