This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I finally have a surgery date

But not a time, which pisses me off. They basically told me they won't know what time they're going to want me in until the day before.

That really throws a wrench into my plans. I had planned on asking roomy for a ride to the hospital. Not knowing the time I will need to go in when he works till 11pm and gets home around midnight is not something I'm willing to do. I can't call my insurance ride provider as they require 2 days advanced notice. That leaves me taking a cab there and back.

Damnit.

I think it's normal, not to have a time until the day before. At least around here.

I dont understand, though, how come you still can't ask your roommate? Just need to give the day and find out what times are good for him. That way when you do know the time, you'll know which route you have to go. I've been there for a friend like that before when they needed a ride from the hospital. I knew the day and kept my phone close by; it luckily worked out well.

Comment

I'm in the same boat. I have surgery Oct. 8, but I have to call the day before between noon and 2 to find out when. Thankfully for me, transportation isn't an issue, but it's still annoying.
      "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

I never thought of bringing a date to a surgery. What will you wear?
        "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
          I never thought of bringing a date to a surgery. What will you wear?
          Hospital gowns are very fashionable now.
          "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post
            Hospital gowns are very fashionable now.
            Plus: easy access!
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Just remember to keep everything legal - the fun stops BEFORE the anaesthetic is administered.
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                ... the fun stops BEFORE the anaesthetic is administered.
                Honey, I'm laughing at you because of the nitrous...
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                  Honey, I'm laughing at you because of the nitrous...
                  In fact, I'm in stitches!
                  "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

Omg! You guys are cracking me up!

Comment

This thread is just knocking me out.

Comment

Working...
                      X