This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dude stands up to his old hag of a mom

10 plus yrs working with the public and this is a first, so it definitely needs recognition. A young dude in his 20s I'd guess, comes in and asks if he can see a room with his mom. So CW goes to show them. They return.

Old Hag: I have a little dog, do you accept pets?
    CW: no we don't
    OH: *with a nasty tone* listen to me, you will accept my pet, you will give me a paper and I WILL sign it!

I bristled at her tone and steeled myself, preparing for a long bloody, drawn out battle that would only end the same but the young dude spoke up right then without any hesitation at all.

YD: * in the same tone but at her* No. listen mom, they said they don't accept pets and that's all!
    OH: but
    YD: No more, we leave, that's all!

OH: .......
    Us:

They leave right away thus cutting a 25 min battle to zilch. Honestly, I don't know why people would waste their time trying to convince us to take their pet...anyway, thank you young dude for standing up to your mom for us! Usually people defend their sucky family member to the bitter end....It was a rare and beautiful sight to see!!!
    Last edited by HotelMinion; 04-02-2017, 10:17 AM.
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Someone who obviously was brought up right - thus NOT by old hag!

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
      Someone who obviously was brought up right - thus NOT by old hag!
      Or she's a form of senility/dementia that expresses as viciousness.
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

How hard is it to call ahead though and see if the place you want to stay allows pets?

When my dad and stepmom moved across country they called the motels they stayed at to see if those places allowed their dogs before they even pulled into the parking lots.

If a place said no, they just kept calling around until they got a place that said yes.
        my favourite author is neil gaiman. - me
        it is? I don't like potatoes much. - the chatbot I was talking to

Comment

If she believes she'll strong-arm you into it, why ask if it's allowed? There's no logic in that. Glad he stood up to that nonsense.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

yes because if they allow u now everyone has to be allowed nope not happening however expect to pay more for a pet friendly place. The only place I currently know of that accepts pets is la quanta

Comment

Quoth raw1989 View Post
              ... la quanta
              Fractional beings not allowed.
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

What about fictional beings?
                The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Working...
                X