Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Last Day--wherein I miss a golden opportunity...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Last Day--wherein I miss a golden opportunity...

....to tell off an uber SC!!!

I am officially FREE of the retail world!!!!!!!!!

My last day was interesting to say the least, and I missed a great opportunity to yell at a mega-bitch SC. This woman came through our store an hour before my shift. Here's how my CW told the story:

CW was on the front of house register.
    SC walks up, slaps her money down on the counter.
    CW: Hi, how are you today? *smiles*
    SC: Medium coffee!
    CW:.....Ok, would you like room for cream?
    SC: If I WANTED room for cream I would have SAID SO!!!
    CW:

CW quickly took her money and thanked her. SC said nothing and left.

OMG who treats people like that??? And the worst part is, she acts like this every time she comes into our store!!!! I've never encountered this bitch before, as I usually worked nights, and she only comes in during the early morning shifts.

Being my last day, I would have LOVED to glare at her and tell her in a quiet voice: "I'm sorry, Ma'am, but you need to leave immediately. I will not allow you to speak to my coworkers like that." Or something along those lines. Technically we're only allowed to refuse service if the person is drunk or abusive in any form. If she had sworn, she would have qualified. If I had been there, though, I wouldn't have given a shit and thrown her bitchy ass out. She can go to SA for their shitty instant coffee for all I care.

Here's another incident from my last day, in which I almost threw a latte on someone:

CW (different one) took a drive thru order for a Northern Lite Turtle Latte. I did not hear the order, as I refused to wear a headset that day.
    CW repeated the order back and the SC confirmed (she told me).

I made the latte, handed it to her, and she went to hand it to the SC.

Five seconds later, she's handing the latte back to me saying "he wanted a cooler." (sidenote: that flavor does NOT come in cooler form at its base price, it would cost more!!)

I was SO TEMPTED to thrust the latte at him and say "this is what you ordered, take it or leave it" and then dump it over his head if he refused. I'm too nice though, damn it, and made him his frakking cooler. I hope he choked on it.

Herein is the end of my stories from the coffee shop. I will be student teaching this fall, so I may pop up every now and then with a story about idiot parents.
    Here's your sign...

It was good that you didn't tell them off, don't ever want to burn bridges no matter how shitty the SC's and/or jobs are. Congrats on being free from retail and goig forth with your teaching gig!
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Congrats on your new job!!!!

Its sooo tempting to end jobs on your terms when you know youre leaving a la' Steven Slater.. Lol. Im glad you didnt dump that latte on his head though...Im sure that wouldve given you add'l grief you didnt need.

Comment

and don't be a stranger!

You can still comment on others' tales of woe!

Mike
        Meow.........

Comment

I will be student teaching this fall, so I may pop up every now and then with a story about idiot parents.
          Every now and then? Your faith in humanity is cute!

Congrats on your last day!
          "You mean you don’t have the one piece of information you actually need? Well, stick your grubby paws in the crayon box, yank one out and colour me Fucking Shocked Fuchsia." - Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Megg View Post
            I'm glad someone relieved me of the duty of posting this.

good luck!
            Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

sweet freedom! be sure to share with us all your crazy parent stories...!
              look! it's ghengis khan!
              Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

God I hate it when they do that.

"If I said so, bleh, bleh, bleh."

Bitch, it's called training. We're supposed to ask you and half of the time we ask you purely out of courtesy, so sit tight and shut your trap or this coffee is going someplace that will make the jury piss themsleves laughing when the case goes to court.

Anyhow, congratulations on the teaching job. However, if the posts I've read from others in the teaching profession are anything to go by, we won't lose you as a poster anytime soon.

Comment

Quoth Megg View Post
                  Quoth EmilyRose1982 View Post
                  I will be student teaching this fall, so I may pop up every now and then with a story about idiot parents.
                  Only about idiot parents? Your faith in humanity is cute! (Or are you teaching the really young grades? Under about grade 7 or so you're safe.)

Comment

Where's the soup nazi when we need him?

Comment

LOL oh I'm going anywhere, that's for sure. I love reading tales on here and lmao at the idiot SCs.

As far as my future encounters with idiot parents and/or CWs and bosses, I shouldn't run into very many over the next four months, being I'm only a student teacher. I won't have my own classroom, or a salary for that matter. It's basically a 12 week internship. But yes, I will most likely have some stories. Just not as many as when I get my own classroom and paying teaching position.

Thanks for all the well-wishes everyone!!!!
                      Here's your sign...

Comment

But, did YOU get to keep the turtle latte????

That sounds good...

Hope you have stories from your new job...or, maybe not!
                        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Ha, should've poured that coffee right up to the rim. But then, I suppose after she spilled it, she would have bitched about that too. Oh well. Congrats on being out of there!!
                          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth EmilyRose1982 View Post
                            ....OMG who treats people like that???
                            People who haven't had their morning coffee yet.

And who should be chained to the wall until they get their coffee.

Which they deserve to have dumped on their heads.

While still in the can.

(NOT advocating violence! Just saying what she deserves. What? We don't get what we deserve, do we? She won't either.)

Congrats on new job!
                            Women can do anything men can.
                            But we don't because lots of it's disgusting.
                            Maxine

Comment

Quoth Sparky View Post
                              People who haven't had their morning coffee yet.

And who should be chained to the wall until they get their coffee.
                              I don't leave the house without my morning coffee. I don't feel like dealing with the idiot masses of the general public any sooner than necessary. I have my coffee maker and coffee supplies in the kitchen, make my coffee, and retreat to the darkest, quietest corner of the house until I feel like emerging from my cocoon.
                              The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Working...
                              X