This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sauce Rant (I tried to put it off)

Sorry everyone. I tried to hold this off for as long as I could but I just gotta rant about this. I work at a mexican fast food place we will call Taco Place. If you go to Burger King or Mc Donalds's Drive- Thru and you want ketchup or salt, you ask for it. If you go to Wendy's and want salad dressing or pepper, you ask for it. If you go to KFC and want extra butter, you freaking ask for it! Despite this fact, many of my customers think at Taco Place, they don't have to ask for taco sauce when they want it.

I guess all Taco Place employees must come fully equipped with sauce detection abilities and mind reading powers and I just missed the memo.

Anyway, I have been yelled at, cussed out, threatened, and even been turned into the bad guy (girl?) over (wait for it...) hot sauce. That's right folks. This red faced, fire breathing dragon spitting curse words at me is not upset that I charged her twice for that drink. She is not mad that I gave her the wrong order or shorted her change. She is mad because I didn't use my awesome phychic powers to read her mind to know she wanted mild and fire sauce.

I apologise...I am a tad rusty.

I wouldn't be ranting if it was just the occasional nut case who tends to forget Taco Place hires human beings and not supernatural entities. This kind of thing happens with maybe 50 or so percent of our Drive- Thru customers.

I usually get the same responces with the sauce SC's which I will divide into catagories and list.

The Angries

"Excuse me! YOU didn't give me any sauce!!!"
    "Hey!! Where's my sauce?!!"
    "You people ALWAYS forget to put sauce in my bag!!"
    "There's no sauce in here!!!"
    "Don't I get any sauce with that?!"

To which I usually either ask "what kind" and get a snotty, huffy "MILD!!" in return or ask "well did you ask for any sauce?" and get a responce of baffled sputtering.

The Blamers

"Why isn't there sauce in here?! I asked for it!!"
    "I can't believe you don't remember that I need sauce!"
    "YOU never asked if I wanted sauce!!!"

The Snifflers

Note: All of these quotes are paired with puppy dog eyes brimming with tears and pouted, trembling lips.

"There's no sauce in my bag..."
    "Where's my taco sauce?"
    "I never got any sauce..."
    "You never asked me..."

The Idiot's

SC: *insert any of the above quotes*
    Me: What kind did you want?
    SC: Uhhh...uhhhh.....

Brilliant! You insist that I should magically know what kind and how many sauce(s) you want, when not even YOU know what kind of sauce you want!

SC: *insert 1 of above quotes*
    Me: What kind would you like?
    SC: Blank sauce.
    Me: (the guidelines say "one sauce per item unless they ask for more) *hands correct amount of sauces*
    SC: That's not enough!!! (or) Can I have more?! (or) I need more than that!

Silly me. I should have used my detective skills from when I worked with Holmes to deduce that you wanted 10 saucs for your 2 tacos. I apologise.

SC: I need x BIG handfuls of sauce for my (small) order!

Yeah right. You just want a nice little stockpile of sauce in your fridge door because you're too cheap to buy your own dam sauce...

Me: What kind?
    SC: Sauce.
    Me: ....What kind of sauce?
    SC: TACO sauce!!!
    Me: What kind of taco sauce?
    SC: TACO!!!
    Me: We have mild, hot, fire, fire roasted and verde. Pick one.

Inside, where the sauce is at this little free-for-all stand, I see people taking heaping handfulls of sauce. One guy even took a handful of sauce packets and DRANK THEM! One by one... rip...squirt...squeeze...trash...repeat.

One customer I remember in particular:

SC: You forgot to give me my sauce!!!
    Me: I'm sorry sir, but we aren't allowed to ask. You have to ask us for sauce.
    SC: I did!!!
    Me: Which one did you want? I must not have heard you.
    SC: MIIILLDDDDD!!!! And lots of it!!!
    Me: Ok...
    SC: That's rediculous that I should have to ask for my own sauce!!!

Yes, it is cumbersome, isn't it. Opening your mouth doesn't seem to be an issue. Perhaps it's the asking part that pains you so...

SC: All Taco Place customers need sauce!!!
    Me: Actually, many, many customers don't want sauce.
    SC: Gimme my damn sauce!!!

Another little gem...

Me: *hands the lady her bag*
    SC: WHERE did you put my sauce?!
    Me: You never asked for sauce, so you don't have any sauce.
    SC: It SHOULD be in my bag!!

Right then. I'll use my Jedi mind powers to move the sauce into that bag you're clutching so tightly, provided you don't follow through on the thought of whipping it at my face.

Me: What kind do you want?
    SC: You should know!
    Me: We aren't allowed to act for sauce blah blah blah.
    SC: That's stupid!!!
    Me: I'm sorry you feel that way.
    SC: ASK ME!!!
    Me: ?
    SC: Ask me if I want sauce!!
    Me: I'm not allowed to mam.
    SC: Ask me or I won't tell you what kind I want!
    Me: Then I guess you won't be getting sauce.
    SC: You would rather disregard my wishes than ask one stupid question?!!
    Me: I don't like breaking rules, no matter how dumb they may be.
    SC: I just want my mild sauce so hurry up and ASK ME!!!
    Me: Here's your mild sauce you just asked for.

Some SC's even tell me to change the rule!

Well, I may look like a cashier, but really i'm the CEO of Taco Place INC who works as a cashier to pass the time. I snap my fingers and WHAMMO! Rule changed! You know i'm lying? Oh dam...I was hoping you didn't mean I should use my Jedi mind trick to make the company change their rules. It's such a hassle...

SC's of the world (who love taco's), I beg you. Please, just ask. For. The. Sauce. It's not hard. Then you don't have to put on the overly dramatic act and I don't have to rant about it on CS! It makes life so much better!
    Answers: $1
    Correct Answers: $2
    Answers that require thought: $5
    Dumb looks are still free.

That is a weird rule, the not asking customers. But seriously, if I want a condiment, I ask for it. And what is with the drinking of sauce? Did that guy even order anything?
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
      That is a weird rule, the not asking customers. But seriously, if I want a condiment, I ask for it. And what is with the drinking of sauce? Did that guy even order anything?
      He did, but he drank the sauce as he was waiting for his food *blech*
      And that rule is in place because "we need to cut back on the anount of sauce we give out. Besides, none of the other fast food joints ask for condiments."

Comment

Or just go inside and you can grab all the sauce packets you want...

Comment

Quoth jjc927
          Oh but that would require effort... And it makes sense.
          Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
          Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

There's a taco place here that does ask. Only I had sort of the opposite problem. See, I'd go through the drive-through with my mom, and she'd be the one who would place the order, instead of me leaning across her. They would ask and every time practically when they would ask, she would turn to me and go "Do you?" And every time, I'd say "No." And finally I said, "Mom, you don't have to ask me, I promise, I will never want hot sauce. I don't like it."

Her response: "No, I have to keep asking you 'cause I know you will ask for hot sauce just to trick me."

Um...RIGHT, I'm gonna ask for something I can't stand JUST to mess with you...
            "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
            "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
            Amayis is my wifey

Comment

I'm the type of person that waits for cues from the cashier. What drink would you like? What toppings? etc. I'd wait for them to ask me what sauce I need. But I still wouldn't be a raging idiot when I don't get sauce.
              To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth jjc927 View Post
                Oh people do that too. They get one taco and grab 3 handfulls (roughly 40-60 sauces) and cram it all in the bag and walk out. It's irritating. They stock up at home so they don't have to BUY a bottle. I mean, yeah it's free but come on...

Comment

I actually use to collect the hot sauces for use at later times (mainly because I'd grab too many). To anyone who has ever wondered, the stuff does not indeed remain good forever.
                  Getting offended is a great way to avoid answering questions that make you sound dumb. - exmocaptainmoroni

Comment

Quoth Mystic View Post
                    I actually use to collect the hot sauces for use at later times (mainly because I'd grab too many). To anyone who has ever wondered, the stuff does not indeed remain good forever.
                    I don't mind people who grab a few too many. I mind the people who grab rediculous amounts of sauce where it's obvious they want to take it because it's there

Comment

Haha, I use to take three and usually only use 1 or on the rare occasion, 2. But then, I also ordered a lot cause at the time, I was only eating once a day. Now days I only grab one. No point taking what I won't use
                      Getting offended is a great way to avoid answering questions that make you sound dumb. - exmocaptainmoroni

Comment

Quoth Kisa View Post
                        Besides, none of the other fast food joints ask for condiments."
                        I kinda figured it was to save money...but yes, the others ALL do unless they have ketchup/sauce where customers can just grab it. Especially if you order fries.
                        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

That's odd. No matter which food place I go to, they always ask me whether I want ketchup/sauces.

Of course, I wouldn't go pitching a fit over the fact that they hadn't, if ever faced with such a case...

Comment

And I get the opposite end of the sauce problem, I ask for hot sauce to go with a 3 taco meal and get 12+ packets of sauce.
                            Meeeeoooow.....
                            Still missing you, Plaid

Comment

McDonalds doesn't ask for ketchup or mustard anymore, but they still ask for sauces if you order nuggets. Dunno about the other places, honestly. Rarely use their fast food windows.

Especially Wendy's. They take so long at the place I live near I fear I'd run out of gas in line.

Comment

Working...
                              X