This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And so life imitates art...

So for those of you who are familiar with The Internet is Down, aka Web Dude vs Sales Guy might get a kick out of this. For those of you who aren't: Click here (caution: NSFW language) I'll wait.

So today I spent the entire day placating our users because my coworker managed to accidentally take down the exchange server, which did eventually come back up, but because Exchange is...finicky...everybody was plagued with email problems. And I did wind up having to hold my tongue when asking a user if they rebooted their machine.

Also, since I've been working with LogMeIn, which is nice, I have run into a small issue: Buttons beyond the standard 3 aren't passed through to the client, which meant that my natural desire to hit back on my mouse backed me to the "connecting" webpage of LMI, which made my task to set up Outlook on the workstations (OWA was being extremely touchy) take about twice as long as it needed to.

Pretend there's something here that sounds insightful, but is really just some pseudo-intellectual bull.

Quoth Skrae View Post
    ... So today I spent the entire day placating our users ...
    The Fugs - Wide Wide River NSFW!
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

iirc, LogMeIn has a menu choice that specifically passes ctrl-alt-del and maybe a couple of other specific key combos to the remote system. It's been awhile since I used it, tho.
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
        iirc, LogMeIn has a menu choice that specifically passes ctrl-alt-del and maybe a couple of other specific key combos to the remote system. It's been awhile since I used it, tho.
        He's talking about the side buttons on the mouse (and from the sound of it, he's using a web-based client, so the browser detects the back button, and goes to the previous page).

Comment

Blargh, Exchange :shudder:

I feel your pain. I am always fighting to keep our exchange servers from total meltdown, and with end users who are always whining about a certificate popup (sorry, the owner is too cheap to pay for a multi site multi server cert, so click yes and get on with your lie.) Now our out of office is broken, which no one ever cared about using, until it broke. Same thing when the web mail broke. (these servers are totally on their last legs, i've been wanting to redo them, but i'm terrified of losing the mailboxes)

Comment

Working...
          X