Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just because I asked for the modem model #....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just because I asked for the modem model #....

Due to our QA requirements, we have to ask the customer for the model # of the modem. That is because on one particular support line, the only way to troubleshoot is via the lights on the modem.

This SC made it seem like I was asking her to build a house or something. Sad thing is, her issue might have been easily resolved but I'll never know.

Me: I'm sorry for the issue you're having, this is a problem I might be able to resolve over the phone. Before we begin, may I please have the model # of the modem?

SC: I'm not giving it to you. I've called before about various issues. Look it up.

Me: Due to the fact that the model # may have changed or if they forgot to put it in the notes, I need you to give me the model # please.

SC: Look it up! I''m not giving it to you again! If the last person didn't put it in their last ticket that's your problem not mine!

Me: Ma'am all you have to do is look at the bottom of the modem and then we can continue....

SC: I'm not giving it to you, sorry!

Me: It's part of my job requirements to ask you to get me the model #, as it makes....

SC: *Cuts me off* I don't care who's requirements it is, I'm not giving it to you! LOOK IT UP!

Me: Ma'am I'm sorry but I cannot effectively troubleshoot without knowing what modem you have....

SC: I want to speak to a supervisor!

Me: Ma'am the sup....

SC: *Cuts me off again* SUPERVISOR!

Me: Please hold....

She told the sup that we're all lazy, incompetent idiots who don't want to take care of the customer properly. When the sup told her on this particular support line that it's a QA requirement that we ask for the model # of the modem she said she's not inconveniencing herself just so our "dumbass" QA dept can check off a box on their sheet. SC then says she wants help with her issue, when the sup said that she needs to get back into the queue to get help for her issue, she started complaining about having to wait again for a tech. That's when the sup had it and said if she would have given the original tech the model # instead of asking to be transferred to a sup just because he was doing his job she wouldn't have had to wait again. SC got pissed, started dropping the S-bomb and F-bomb, said she was thinking about canceling her service and hung up.

All that, just because I asked her for the model # of the modem.

What's so hard about turning the thing over & reading out the model #?

Comment

The principle of the thing.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
        I think you forgot the site you're on for a second.

Comment

That is assuming the SC knows how to read.
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
            The principle of the thing.

Rapscallion
            Ah yes, the battle cry of SC's everywhere . . .

I'll use that when the time comes that priniples can pay my rent, buy my groceries as well as keep my utilities on.

Until then, any SC who uses that can go get stuffed.
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

My guess is that she wasn't in the same room as the modem (or, possibly, even the same location altogether), and didn't want to get up and walk all the way over there to check.
              "She didn't observe the cardinal rule: Don't F**K with people who handle your food"
              -Ryan Reynolds in 'Waiting'

Comment

Actually, I'm going now with simple dominance play.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth icmedia View Post
                  My guess is that she wasn't in the same room as the modem (or, possibly, even the same location altogether), and didn't want to get up and walk all the way over there to check.
                  The sad part was, she was in the same room..... standing right next to it.

Comment

I've had people refuse to give me simple info (OS, model # of <fitb>, version of $software, etc) because....they thought I was going to be able to 'hack' them with it.
                    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Just curious, but how do you handle it if the customer says "Can't read it - looks like the stamp moved when it was being marked, and it's all smudged"? Could be a legitimate manufacturing error, or it could be a pissy customer not wanting to give the information.
                      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Well, mine's screwed to the back of my desk. I'd have to drag the desk away from the wall, then unhook it from the screws.

Or I could just remember that it's a Westell 7500. (Piece of crap that it is.)

(OK, I cheated, I admit: I went to the modem config page and looked it up.)

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                          Just curious, but how do you handle it if the customer says "Can't read it - looks like the stamp moved when it was being marked, and it's all smudged"? Could be a legitimate manufacturing error, or it could be a pissy customer not wanting to give the information.
                          Nope, just a pissy SC being lazy.

Comment

Quoth sld72382 View Post
                            SC: Look it up! I''m not giving it to you again! If the last person didn't put it in their last ticket that's your problem not mine!
                            No, I'm pretty sure that's her problem too...
                            Pretend there's something here that sounds insightful, but is really just some pseudo-intellectual bull.

Comment

"Security, uh Norm, Norm speaking."

"Norman? This is Mr. Eddie Vedder, from Accounting. I just had a power surge here at home that wiped out a file I was working on. Listen, I'm in big trouble, do you know anything about computers?

"Uhhmmm... uh gee, uh..."

"Right, well my BLT drive on my computer just went AWOL, and I've got this big project due tomorrow for Mr. Kawasaki, and if I don't get it in, he's gonna ask me to commit Hari Kari..."

"Uhhh.. ahahaha..."

"Yeah, well, you know these Japanese management techniques. ... Could you, uh, read me the number on the modem?"

"Uhhhmm..."

"It's a little boxy thing, Norm, with switches on it... lets my computer talk to the one there..."

"212-555-4240."

Internet cookies for reference.
                              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                              X