This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debit Card Customer

Today, a customer wanted some money withdrawn from his debit card and even disrupted me when I was on the phone to activate gift cards for the customer I was currently with. The customer that interrupted mentioned that there was another grocery store that allowed twice the amount of cash back we did.
    My Fanfic Page
    My Fiction Page
    My Social Group
    My Pet Social Group
    My You Tube Channel

Cashback is an evil invention! We can give €100, which is eh $157. I've had several customers watch me intently opening a till (which contains €40 in notes, 10's and 5's) and demand €100 cashback, fail to listen that I don't have it in my till and demand a manager. Sometimes the manager gives in and gets it from the safe, ughh. This is all despite the fact that in the store are 3 ATM's, and outside are a further 2. Bahh.

Comment

Here's a conversation that I loathe with every fiber of my being:

"Would you like cash back?"
      "Sure, how much can I get?"
      "$200."
      "Oh.....uh..I'll take $20."

I know that different stores allow different amounts, but I've never heard of one that allows less than $20.
      The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post

I know that different stores allow different amounts, but I've never heard of one that allows less than $20.
        playing the devil's advocate here... a lot of C stores are now limiting cash back to $10... granted, aside from c stores I've never seen a store with a cash back limit of less than $20.
        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

When I worked at Target, we had a limit of $40, which had to be in units of ten. People would complain, of course.
          1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
          -----
          http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

MY store is $200. Once i had three customers get $200 back in one shift. I was able to do the first two until I ran out of money. It was really busy and the MOD decided that the quickest way was to save the order and ring it up at another register. The SC, who was in a hurry, refused and instead demanded that MOD do the long route and get money from the Cash Office. They did but gave the SC two $100 bills.

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
              MY store is $200. Once i had three customers get $200 back in one shift. I was able to do the first two until I ran out of money. It was really busy and the MOD decided that the quickest way was to save the order and ring it up at another register. The SC, who was in a hurry, refused and instead demanded that MOD do the long route and get money from the Cash Office. They did but gave the SC two $100 bills.
              Thereby giving then another opertunity to be an SC when they bought $1.89 worth of merchandise with the $100 bill.
              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Imagine someone paying for a 50 cent soda with a $100 bill. We only had $25 in the till. The manager had to go next door and get change. Damn we lost money on that, because we had to buy something in order to get the change.
                Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Yes, inredibly annoying. Had someone pay for a €12 top with a €500 note. Which is quite dodgy, some countries don't accept them, never mind stores. Again, money from the safe.

Comment

In my store you can get back 10$, 20$, or 50$. There's a 1$ fee, though. Used to be .50 cents but someone found out you could bypass the fee by hitting the ENTER button when it asked about the fee (). Now you can't get around it at all.

I get my cash back from the self-serve at Ingles. I can get odd amounts (Like 15$ [movie ticket adn ice creme afterwards] or 8$ [switch-out money for dollar coins]).
                    Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                      playing the devil's advocate here... a lot of C stores are now limiting cash back to $10... granted, aside from c stores I've never seen a store with a cash back limit of less than $20.
                      Yeah, but I work in a supermarket.

Quoth mattm04 View Post
                      Once i had three customers get $200 back in one shift.
                      Don't you love when they try to get $200 back half an hour after the store has opened, and can't seem to figure out why that isn't possible?
                      The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

When people asked me how much they could get, I would say you can get up to $100 unless I don't have that much, then the limit is what ever I have.
                        I have PMS and a black belt. Any questions?

This random moment is brought to you by the letters A D and D.

Comment

Target still has the $40 cash back limit...and I've actually had customers ask "well, can't you just give me more than that?"

Um...no...'cause I need my job!

Comment

Working...
                          X