X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth protege View Post
    Nah, overkill is using a 40-pound fence maul to kill bugs
    I did that once! Left a Crater in the Old Porch too. (We were tearing out the Old Planks to build a new porch, so there was no 'real' damage)

Comment

All this talk of mauls reminds me we have some logs in the backyard that need to be split. Mauls are fun!!
      The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth Skrae View Post
        Please tell me after you gave him the screw driver he then attempted to pry the screws out of the wall with it.
        no such luck, however he did try to fill in the holes with tooth paste and paint over it with white out.
        Quoth Mark Healey View Post
        But hammers are so much more fun. When we changed locations there was a bar (think counter top not ballet) that had to be removed. I could have used the drill with a screw driver bit but why should I do that when there was a 7 pound sledge hammer available.
        yah we were still in that building i would not have wanted to repair much larger holes lol. although im sure given the chance he would have used a sledge hammer instead of a claw hammer and then try to fix the wall with tooth paste and whiteout
        "Let's connect to some ones cyberbrain who is meditating, so we can download enlightenment" one of the Tachikomas (Ghost in the Shell 2nd gig)

Comment

Do you guys have to nail those jokes into the ground?
          It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
          -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Quoth queenbb View Post
            no such luck, however he did try to fill in the holes with tooth paste and paint over it with white out.
            I...

He...

Never mind. My brain just blue screened.
            "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
            "What IS fun to fight through?"
            "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken;362788Mauls are [I
              fun[/I]!!
              Yep, there's nothing like using a maul to beat the living shit out of something...be it a dead computer, pile of scrap metal, wood, etc. Trust me, after spending most of a day troubleshooting the crap computers at work...it felt great to bash the hell out of one of my junkers. Great stress relief
              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth KhirasHY View Post
                I...

He...

Never mind. My brain just blue screened.
                um yah, he was pretty much the top of the list when it came to sucky co workers,

the first time i met him he tried to push me away from a filiing cabinet that i was buiding cause i didnt know how to do it (never mind the fact that it was almost complete all i had to do was bend some metal tab to keep the door from comming out.) he looks at my other co worker, and says why are you letting her build this, this is mans work, my co worker replies, i dont know how besides she built everything in this office. the jerk then tries to push me away from the cabinet again. he didnt think women could do anything i come to find out. he didnt like to take orders from women at all.
                "Let's connect to some ones cyberbrain who is meditating, so we can download enlightenment" one of the Tachikomas (Ghost in the Shell 2nd gig)

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
                  After a show is over, the cast and crew has to 'strike' (remove) the set. Normally, this has to be done very carefully so that as many materials as possible can be re-used for other things.

However, there was one show where the TD (technical director) just handed us sledgehammers. (All the lumber used on that show had been used so many times he didn't feel like it could be used anymore). That was a fun strike.
                  It's always fun when corporate decides that there is no way that more duct tape and baling twine will keep a game running, and gives us authorization to pull out the crowbars and sledgehammers.

Comment

"Screws fall out all the time, the world is an imperfect place."
                    John Bender The Breakfast club

Comment

Re: The title
                      It reminds me of this picture.

Which then reminds me of the turkey salad sandwich I had once. The ingredients listed were "Turkey, Salad, Mayonnase, and lettuce."
                      Attached Files
                      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

I have to add this: Here in Canada we have a cable television show called "Canada's Worst Handyman". The third season just ended, and the 'winner' was a guy (Joe "The Bullet" as he was called) who didn't have enough patience to use a screwdriver for screws, so he figured that a hammer would work just as well.

He also didn't have enough patience to screw in light bulbs, too.

Or measure.

Or read instructions.

If you ever get a chance, watch an episode. Endlessly hilarious (along with it's companion show by the same producers, "Canada's Worst Drivers").
                        "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Working...
                        X