X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I want you to serve me!!" "Ok, would you like a side of pwnage?"

Very quick:

Classic EW calls whining that we haven't helped her to upload her new website to our servers. Not true, since we took her to our step by step directions that even a blind monkey with one testicle could follow. So she drops the: "I've been paying for a service that I am not able to actually use! How Dare you! I AM THE CUSTOMER, and I demand satisfaction!"

So I check her account. Funny how someone who is "Paying" us has a $200+ balance owing on your account. So here is the rest of the convo:

Me: Ma'am, I'm going to stop you right there. You haven't been paying for anything. As a matter of fact I see here you owe us $217.06.

EW: Oh. ...

Me: Anyways, I'm not here to get into a tinkle match with you. I am here to provide your options. Option #1, you follow my directions to download a small piece of software that will allow you to publish your site. Option #2 - You can bring in your laptop, and I will do the install for you, and publish your site for $75.

EW - Well I am NOT paying another cent, and I am not installing anymore software in my computer. I have already gone through 2 other MacBooks and I don't want to risk it.

Me: Well I suppose option #3 , would be for you to go elsewhere.

EW: This is ridiculous! I am the customer! I demand you publish my site right now!!

me: Ma'am, customers pay their bills and cooperate with tech support. Since you are not willing to do either, it sounds to me like Option 3 is the way to go.

EW: So you won't help me??!??

Me: I have been helping you. What is needed is for you to help yourself. I have given your options, and quite frankly I have other customers waiting and willing to be assisted. Please call me once you have reached a decision.

EW: Ok Fine then! I'll bring my computer to you tomorrow to do it.

Me: Excellent!! I look forward to seeing you.
    Last edited by Qaeria; 07-04-2008, 12:07 AM. Reason: smell chekker malfunkshun
    Windows Operating System is an oxymoron."

Oh, You want instant Gratification? Go f*ck yourself then!
    I found the problem. /dev/clue was linked to /dev/null

Get cash up front.
    The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

When I couldn't upload through GoDaddy's FTP client, I just downloaded FileZilla and away I went! ^_^
      "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
        Get cash up front.
        Amen!!

Also for those that don't know me and want to post something to the point that I was rude, please don't. I manage an incredible company that has thrived by not putting up with any BS from the customer. Plus I AM the manager, so I get to keep my spine, and tell it like it is.

Comment

Quoth Qaeria View Post
          Amen!!

Also for those that don't know me and want to post something to the point that I was rude, please don't. I manage an incredible company that has thrived by not putting up with any BS from the customer. Plus I AM the manager, so I get to keep my spine, and tell it like it is.
          Good

You know, I've always wanted to start my own company offering something that will draw the most SC's, just so I can piss them off even more.

Comment

But

Quoth Qaeria View Post
            Me: Anyways, I'm not here to get into a tinkle match with you. I am here to provide your options. Option #1, you follow my directions to download a small piece of software that will allow you to publish your site. Option #2 - You can bring in your laptop, and I will do the install for you, and publish your site for $75.

EW - Well I am NOT paying another cent, and I am not installing anymore software in my computer. I have already gone through 2 other MacBooks and I don't want to risk it.
            You don't go through '2 other MacBooks' installing support software from real service companies.

This person is one of those clickers who won't keep their mouse off an URL link if their life depended on it. Second, odds are her site will have all sorts of garbage or links to such because she can't tell what is important and what is not.

Comment

Quoth Qaeria View Post
              What're you getting defensive about? You told the customer the truth and got her to realize that she needed to actually DO something if she wanted her site published.
              "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
                You don't go through '2 other MacBooks' installing support software from real service companies.

This person is one of those clickers who won't keep their mouse off an URL link if their life depended on it. Second, odds are her site will have all sorts of garbage or links to such because she can't tell what is important and what is not.
                Has the EW actually physically destroyed 2 MacBooks from spills or drops or just found a way to delete critical files from it prompting a new OS install. Since their are very few OS X viruses out their I find it had to believe that she got a virus.

Comment

Quoth Qaeria View Post
                  Amen!!

You weren't rude in the least. Maybe a bit dry, but given the circumstances, it was perfectly called for.
                  "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

You really dished it to that EW, in a good way. I'm not the one that does the computer-related services (tech support, web design, etc.) like my SO does, but hearing about the SC's he gets that think computer related work should be free of charge or cheap irritates me.
                    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Sorry guys, not really trying to be defensive. I merely wanted to state that such comments would be pointless. I realize that what I do may not be "the way to do things" in other companies, so I just had to throw that out there.

Regarding her destroying 2 other MacBooks: all I can say is ID-10-T error. First one was cakked by a virus, of which she tried to "fix" herself. Second one she fried after installing God only knows what. So now she is so terrified to install anything, her current unit is still in the same condition as the day she bought it. Not even a security update. Any wagers on how long this one will last?

Comment

Wait a minute...she spent at least $3600 ($1200 per MacBook for base model, assuming she got a third to replace the other two), but can't keep her account paid?

Doesn't make any sense, but we all know...

Comment

Quoth Qaeria View Post
                          Amen!!

Actually, I thought you were extremely patient with her, and dealt with her very professionally. There's a difference between not putting up with a customer's nonsense and being rude. A *big* difference
                          GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

thanks tollbaby.

Not many people understand that. However from the EW's perspective, I am

Comment

Working...
                            X