Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And Just When You Think Humanity Can't Sink Lower...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And Just When You Think Humanity Can't Sink Lower...

http://www.askamanager.org/2016/04/o...s-brother.html

Boss' brother needs a liver transplant. So boss REQUIRES all employees submit to a test to see if they're compatible donors, firing anyone who doesn't comply including a cancer survivor who CAN'T donate and a pregnant woman.

The lawyers and government agencies are going to have a field day here, not to mention the media...

I noticed that the reply stated that this is illegal. You have to wonder about some people. Even desperation has limits.
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

There are not enough expletives in the English language to cover this one.
      "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
        I noticed that the reply stated that this is illegal. You have to wonder about some people. Even desperation has limits.
        At the very least his demanding to see the tests to determine if the tested person would be a compatible match is a major HIPPA violation.

And comments on the original thread on another forum mention that no ethical doctor would remove an organ from an unwilling donor anyway...

Comment

I'm torn on calling shenanigans on this. I know there are all sorts of assholes out there, but to actually fire someone for not testing! A part of me just refuses to believe it. If I were to see some sort of proof I will apologize and lose what little faith I have left. But still...

Comment

I believe it. Some people are just that self-absorbed.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
            X